Hello all! Newbie to the .204

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
headshotkiller
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 10

Hello all! Newbie to the .204

Post by headshotkiller »

Hey all Headshot here, just wanted to say hello and this place is cool as all get up!

I currently have ordered a new Savage model 10 in .204 Ruger and is my first in this cal.

Among my line up of calibers,
.22 s/l/lr Marlin s/s bolt
.22 Ruger 10/22
.22 Hornet NEF
.22-250 Savage
.22/.410 Savage o/u
30-06 m1917 sporterized
.380 auto
.38 spl
8mm Mauser
And bunch o shotguns

I love to hunt anything in season and travel to new areas to explore the grounds and animals

I was born in the Upper Pennisula of Michigan and currently reside in the thumb area of lower Mich.
:D
Vartarg
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 77MkII Target, Remington LVSF

Re: Hello all! Newbie to the .204

Post by Vartarg »

Welcome to the forum....you're at the right place for those who cling to their guns....especially their 20 calibers!!!
PEACE-Through Superior Firepower
RUD
.204 Ruger Guns: cooper model 21 phoenix

Post by RUD »

Welcome , I am sure you will love this forum and your new 204 Ruger even more! Enjoy, Rudy
headshotkiller

Post by headshotkiller »

Well I will say, I was doing lots of searching on this caliber and most every google search put me to a different thread on here!!
And one of your other newbirs turned me to join, thanks GTOHunter!
GTOHunter
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by GTOHunter »

Hey Headshotkiller,"Your Welcome"....nice to see a familiar face here,Welcome to .204Ruger! :chin: :wink: ;)

I guess I better hurry up and get me that CZ-American in the .204...I may be the only one that joined and still needing a .204 to be legit? :eek: :lol: :chin:
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Welcome to the forum! Remember we love to see pics around here so don't forget to take your camera with you. Gary
headshotkiller

Post by headshotkiller »

I will for sure!

Got confirmation on ups that shipping to be delivered on the 4th, next is the scope which I still have not bought, still looking and deciding
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

GTOHunter wrote:Hey Headshotkiller,"Your Welcome"....nice to see a familiar face here,Welcome to .204Ruger! :chin: :wink: ;)

I guess I better hurry up and get me that CZ-American in the .204...I may be the only one that joined and still needing a .204 to be legit? :eek: :lol: :chin:

Relax :D , I wasn't holding my first .204 when I joined up either. I DID have the barrel, but it took a month or two before I got around to having it screwed into the action. :mrgreen: In the meantime, Glen (ONE EN) the other moderator, helped me get lined out on some loading hints and helping me past my 40 gr. bullet woes. Like so many of us here, my rifle would NOT shoot those Hornady 40s, but Glen set me straight on the 39 Sierras, and pointed me towards the 4895 powders, and all was soon right in my little .204 world. He's pretty helpful!
In any event, read some posts, soak up the know-how, and get yourself prepared to get your .204. Then, when that box comes home with you, you'll have a good idea of how to proceed.

This is a good bunch of folks, little need for any moderation here, lemme tell ya. :D It makes the moderator job pretty superflous, to tell the truth. We're just here for the cameradery, like everyone else.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
headshotkiller

Post by headshotkiller »

Well got the phone call she is here and getting her Burris Black Diamond 6-24x50 mounted and bore sighted as we speak!

Only let down was snow camo was not avail. But brush was! So this summer I will be takin her to the dipper for a full on camo job!!!

5 o'clock hurry up!!! :wink: