cooper rifles?

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
ozfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Re: cooper rifles?

Post by ozfox »

Hi all have ordered a cooper rifle in jan still no gun Q. What scope 6.5 - 20 x 50 leupold or zeiss
Big_Bullseye
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger #1 Varmint Stainless - Custom Noveske AR15 .204

Post by Big_Bullseye »

ozfox wrote:Hi all have ordered a cooper rifle in jan still no gun Q. What scope 6.5 - 20 x 50 leupold or zeiss
What is your intent with the rifle? Hunting? Long range shooting? Little bit of both?

I have a couple of both in that power and I like the Zeiss a bit more but the VX3 is no slouch, especially the VX3 as opposed to the older VXIII.
Doveryai no Proveryai
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS, Cooper Model 21, Remington 40x

Post by Jim White »

ozfox wrote:Hi all have ordered a cooper rifle in jan still no gun Q. What scope 6.5 - 20 x 50 leupold or zeiss
Optically, they're real close. I believe you would be happy with either choice. the Leupold has more after market and can be customized better than the Zeiss.

-The one thing I like about the Zeiss over a Leupold is the constant eye relief of the Zeiss.

-The one thing I dislike about the Zeiss vs. the Leupold is their target knobs are opposite of Leupold.
Last edited by Jim White on Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ozfox

Post by ozfox »

Foxs, kangaroos and rabbits out to 350 400 yards all going well on my end
Malazan
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper .204

Post by Malazan »

Zeiss glass kills Leupold glass, for the money.

Live Hard

"When the Government fears the People there is Liberty, When the People fear the Government, there is Tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson
Big_Bullseye
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger #1 Varmint Stainless - Custom Noveske AR15 .204

Post by Big_Bullseye »

ozfox wrote:Foxs, kangaroos and rabbits out to 350 400 yards all going well on my end
I would put a Zeiss with one of the Rapid Z reticles on it. Go to Zeiss' web site and use the ballistic calculator thing and see hat you come up with. I'm betting the Z1000 would prolly work on the 6.5 as well. It tells you what power you have to set your scope on for it to be on for specific distances.

I have a 308 with the Rapid Z 1000 on it and the load I worked up for it puts the hash marks on the scope right on the money from 100 all the way out to 500 yards so far. According to their calculator on their web site it should be on all the way to 1000 yards, I just haven't tested it yet.
Doveryai no Proveryai
carlrh2001
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by carlrh2001 »

Rick
Beautiful model 38!! What model is that front rest in the picture.
Thanks so much
CRH
Cooper Mod 38 22 Hornet
Cooper Mod 57 22 LR
Cooper mdl57 22lr mdl38 22Hornet mdl21 223Rem
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

carlrh2001 wrote:Rick
Beautiful model 38!! What model is that front rest in the picture.
Thanks bud. My front rest is a Sinclair All-Purpose Front Rest. The all-purpose part means the front bag assembly is adjustable for different rifle forearm width, from true BR rifles, to featherweight sporters. In the pic the rest spikes are set in SuperFeet to as not to damage the bench top.

My rear bag is a Protektor No. 13B.

http://www.sinclairintl.com/.aspx/cid=5 ... Rests-Tops
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

ozfox

Post by ozfox »

Hi mate did the old man get a cooper rifle
Redfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington VSSF II

Post by Redfox »

Hi OzFox-No mate-he has had it ordered for 14 months now and still waiting. Last notice was it was made and waiting on being shipped to Australia.
One Life One Chance
Redfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington VSSF II

Post by Redfox »

Oz fox-have you got yours yet?
One Life One Chance
blkdog

Post by blkdog »

Not only are Cooper rifles wicked accurate, the customer service is beyond anything you can imagine. We just returned from the Cooper One Shot contest. We got to know all of the Cooper crowd in Stevensville. They just purchased a new location down the road from the current location with 3.5 time the space. Hopefully the wait will not be so long after they move. On a side note ,they have partnered with Colt for Colt's new tactical bolt gun.
See Shooting times long range special edition. Colt rep says they are using Cooper actions with Wilson(Cooper) barrels because of Cooper's close tolerances and the ease of working with the Cooper people. One of my traveling pals has a Cooper bench rest model .22 and it started to shoot somewhat erraticly so when he was at the One Shot he took the rifle to the plant to have it checked out. Mike took the bore scope to it and found a small ding in the crown. He took the rifle apart, cut the barrel back .060 and re-crowned it . All while my partner waited! All at no Charge! You can not beat that kind of service.
ozfox

Post by ozfox »

Hi redfox it took me 11 mth had to come through MOA PERFORMANCE told i emailed coopers to get a new importer
i would start the emails my rifle sat in there office for six mths waiting to be shipped start to ring Scott Alcon at MOA and get the run around :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:
Last edited by ozfox on Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TucoTom
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper M21

Post by TucoTom »

Here's my 204 Ruger in Coopers Laminated Varminter configuration.

rafter01
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper M21, Montana Varminter

Post by rafter01 »

Here are some pictures of 8 of the 10 groundhogs my daughter and friend, Jim, shot last weekend. They came home for the weekend, and we headed out to the chuck pastures. She made some great shots. Got one at 307 yards, 263, and 252. Jim shot one that weighted 15 pounds. A fat one. We were using a Cooper M21 with Leupold 6.5x20 scope with 1/8" target dot. I'm shooting 26.5 gr. of Reloader 10 with a Sierra 39 gr. bullet @ 3876 fps. I have a wood stock for the Cooper, but it was so beautiful (AAA hand-select wood) that I was afraid to take it out in fear of scratching it. I sent the gun back to Cooper and had them put a Phoenix stock on it, and now I use it all the time. Here are some more pictures of the Cooper with the wood stock, and 5 shot, 100 yard group. Those Coopers really shoot.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImagepgImage[/img]Image