Pretty funny!

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
tt35
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Predator, Cooper M21, WOA AR, DPMS AR, custom AR

Pretty funny!

Post by tt35 »

Saw a second post by the same person on another forum asking if the .204 Ruger cartridge is "dying". I don't think he could find a single person to support the idea and certainly not me!

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/fo ... t=2&page=1

After all was said and done, he thought maybe he ought to restock his .20 caliber components! :lol:
Tim Titus
No Off Season
www.no-off-season.com
"No crowds, no limits, no seasons...no bad days."

Sure God's a hunter, he clothed Adam and Eve with skins and told Peter to "kill and eat", didn't He?
Malazan
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper .204

Re: Pretty funny!

Post by Malazan »

That dude is just crazy :duh:

Live Hard

"When the Government fears the People there is Liberty, When the People fear the Government, there is Tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

If a person believes that way, they must be living in a vacuum somewhere.. The 204 is as popular as ever and even more so. Bill K :D
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

I'm surprised there is that much loyalty to the 204 over there. I remember BCB & Silverfox getting beat on quite a bit by the 22-250 & the Swift guys. But they stood their ground & presented cold hard facts & were able to convert a few. And with all the closed minded people over there I'm glad I'm no longer a part of that board. :mrgreen:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
7mag
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 7, Zeiss 4.5-14x44-Rem 700, Zeiss 6.5-20x50-Cooper Pheon

Post by 7mag »

The .204 is here to stay. Very versatile and great for mid to long range predator/varmint. Pin point accuracy and about my favorite. Have two in remmy's and ordering a Cooper. Doesnt sound "dead" to me. Two friends have purchased them after shooting mine and one more is getting one. Shoot, it doesn't even sound like it has a cold!
Leave nothing in the field but your tracks.........(and a few carcasses!)
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

I spend a lot (too danged much :oops: ) time over on missouriwhitetails.com, and I've proselytized quite a bit over there. :wink:
To date, a lot of folks over there have been buying and trying new .204s, callaojoe, Big Bullseye, and a couple others are now posters here, too. With more new buyers every week, it seems like. :eek: Just in the last two weeks, a couple more guys have jumped onto the .204 wagon. With another vowing to join the ".204 club" soon (rat).

That just doesn't sound "dead" to me.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
Bayou City Boy

Post by Bayou City Boy »

LOL..!!!!

The dude in question over there also thinks that the 17 caliber is not efficient or useful. His reason: He has fat fingers and has trouble holding onto 17 caliber bullets when he reloads, so therefore the caliber is inefficient and useless.

With his track background, he'll probably be a moderator in six months.

They even have a regular poster over there who has a 220 Swift that talks to him and has made him a better person as a result..... :lol: His words, not mine... :chin:

After the "Big Purge" of a year or so ago, which incidentally are the words which got me "purged" from there for using them in a thread :lol: , some real dandies have moved in and pitched tents. There are still some good folks there, but their numbers are getting less and less all the time.

Just my opinion, of course... :D -BCB
K22

Post by K22 »

That was a real eye opening thread over there. :roll:
Sure hated to hear about the 204's slow death. NOT!! The one dude needs to work on his hand and eye coordination so he'll stop pinching his fingers when reloading small calibers.
WnMag
.204 Ruger Guns: Kimber 84M Pro Varmint .204 Ruger- Cooper M21

Post by WnMag »

HAha, Im a new .204 shooter and been doing some load development with 7Mag. I only have 1 204 in a Kimber, and I hear that there are a few Coopers coming to town, one has my name on it. I dont forsee the .204 dying. There too darn much fun and shoot SO Well :wink:
I think it was me....or the wind.
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS, Cooper Model 21, Remington 40x

Post by Jim White »

Bayou City Boy wrote:LOL..!!!!

The dude in question over there also thinks that the 17 caliber is not efficient or useful. His reason: He has fat fingers and has trouble holding onto 17 caliber bullets when he reloads, so therefore the caliber is inefficient and useless.

With his track background, he'll probably be a moderator in six months.

They even have a regular poster over there who has a 220 Swift that talks to him and has made him a better person as a result..... :lol: His words, not mine... :chin:

After the "Big Purge" of a year or so ago, which incidentally are the words which got me "purged" from there for using them in a thread :lol: , some real dandies have moved in and pitched tents. There are still some good folks there, but their numbers are getting less and less all the time.

Just my opinion, of course... :D -BCB

I joined up over there a couple years back and was never given priviledges to reply or post. Da' heck with em'...
Big_Bullseye
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger #1 Varmint Stainless - Custom Noveske AR15 .204

Post by Big_Bullseye »

glenn asher wrote:I spend a lot (too danged much :oops: ) time over on missouriwhitetails.com, and I've proselytized quite a bit over there. :wink:
To date, a lot of folks over there have been buying and trying new .204s, callaojoe, Big Bullseye, and a couple others are now posters here, too. With more new buyers every week, it seems like. :eek: Just in the last two weeks, a couple more guys have jumped onto the .204 wagon. With another vowing to join the ".204 club" soon (rat).

That just doesn't sound "dead" to me.
There are alot of people over there that we have convinced to give the 204 a try. Most people when they do are instant converts and absolutely love them. I just traded one of my 204's off (a deal I couldn't refuse) and I am down to only one 204 and I feel naked. I have my eye on a used CZ 527 A Varmint that I may pick up and I have also been eyeballing getting me another LRPV Savage in 204 to match my 6BR LRPV. Heck two of my friends have just bought 204 Savage LRPV's in the past three weeks alone!! I actually had a lady who owns a gun shop say she wasn't sure if the 204 would be around in 10 years. She is somewhat out of touch with what is going on in the industry and I told her I thought she was nuts.
Doveryai no Proveryai
fishy
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 Hawkeye

Post by fishy »

I am not quite a gun nut as I am a Bow Freak, but I was a little skepticle when they first came out. When it came to guns, I used to be bigger is better. I am a guy that bought a 223 WSSM because I thought it would be a much better gun than your standard 223 Rem. Boy was I wrong on that one (at least in my eyes). Nothing I tried with it would get it to shoot worth a darn. Now if I'm not mistaken, both the 204 and the 223 WSSM came out about the same time. I never really looked into the 204 till about 2 years ago when I started shooting prairie dogs alot more. I wanted something a little quieter and less recoil than the 223 WSSM. I narrowed my decision down to the 223 Rem, 22-250, 204R. Finally about 9 months ago I decided on the 204R. Why? Everybody I know has a 223 and I had to be different. My wife's cousin has a 250 and I wasn't extremely fond of it after putting a few rounds down the tube. Now the 204R. Nobody I knew had one. I did quite a bit of research on the internet about it and comparing the 3 calibers listed above. This caliber seemed to fit my wants in a small caliber centerfire rifle that I was looking for. So the 204 is what I ended up with. Do I think it is a dieing caliber. No, I believe just the opposite.

By the way, what ever happened to the 223 WSSM? I dont hear the talk about it like i did when it first came out.