CZ vs Tikka

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
pslyke
.204 Ruger Guns: none- yet!

CZ vs Tikka

Post by pslyke »

I'm sure this has been hashed out before but was hoping for any additional insight... I'm looking at a browning .204 today but I am pretty sure I am going with a .204 in either a CZ or Tikka Flavor.

Tikka- I like the smooth action and synthetic stock (its rainy in oregon)

CZ- Set trigger and an action that is appropriately sized for the cartridge

Any one have strong opinions either way? I'm sure both will be shooters...

Thanks!
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: CZ vs Tikka

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Rainy/wet option:

CZ offers walnut, laminate and synthetic stocks for the 527 in 204. You could then have the set trigger AND synthetic stock without any aftermarket dinking about..... just something else to consider.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

TX204FAN
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 American , CZ 527 Varmint

Post by TX204FAN »

I've had two CZ 527's and the set trigger is great! I had wood stocks on both and love them but want to find a stock more suited to sniping in the prone position off a bipod.
What did you choose? I have no experience with Tikka.
Mike D.
TX204FAN
CZ 527 American 28.5" heavy barrel 1:12 twist, Leupold VX-I 3x9x40, bipod and custom leather sling.
CZ 527 Varmint 24" barrel 1:9 twist, Leupold VX-I 4x12x40
pslyke

Post by pslyke »

Well I talked myself into the Browning a-bolt hunter. Its something a little different as I haven't seen too many in .204. I couldn't find anyone who had a CZ 527 in stock for me to fondle....

I like the way the browning is put together and my wife likes it!
wirelessguy2005
.204 Ruger Guns: Custom 20 SCC, Savage LRPV 20 Nitro , Howa 1500 204 Ruger

Post by wirelessguy2005 »

the browning Abolts are nice rifles, you made a good choice going with that. If you have a chance to get a CZ I would grab one of those as well, i can gurantee you won't regret it. Keep in mind that the price has steadily increased on the CZ over the past couple years. Approximately two years ago i bought a new 527 Varmint for $500, now they are going for close to $700.
pslyke wrote:Well I talked myself into the Browning a-bolt hunter. Its something a little different as I haven't seen too many in .204. I couldn't find anyone who had a CZ 527 in stock for me to fondle....

I like the way the browning is put together and my wife likes it!
GTOHunter
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by GTOHunter »

pslyke......Did Browning have the A-bolt Hunter in a .204?I've been searching the Browning Site several times and never could find a .204 Rilfe listed on there? :huh: :chin:
pslyke

Post by pslyke »

it was a special run for the 2004 shot show...and this has been sitting in the back of the gunshops warehouse since then so it is "new old stock". I probably paid a little more than I wanted ($615) but they had me in a tight spot as I have never seen a hunter in .204 anywhere before and I wanted it.

My wife convinced me to wait on it until next weekend to think about it...we got halfway home and I turned around :)
GTOHunter

Post by GTOHunter »

I think You did very well on that Browning...most of the prices I got on all the .204 Rifles were around $600.00 to $700.00 plus tax and higher on the Kimbers,the Brownings are some great looking and nice shooting Rifles.If I could have found me a Browning it would be one of the Rifles I would have choosen first! :D

I guess they didn't have another Browning Hunter .204 tucked away with some dust on it for me? :chin: :wall: :duh: :cry:
pslyke

Post by pslyke »

I will call them when I get back into town and see if they have another.
tpcollins
.204 Ruger Guns: Tikka T3 Lite

Post by tpcollins »

Have no clue what the CZ is like but my Tikka T3 Lite is light as a feather (no pun intended). Even though the trigger weight is adjustable, I bought a lighter varmint spring online and I'm around 1 3/4 pounds with it now - this is a sweet rifle to shoot.
The Reloader
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington SPS Varmit

Post by The Reloader »

Ive seen MANY videos on youtube where The tikka shows to be amazingly accurate. One in particular shot a .88" group and 500 yards and shot well at 700+ yards with the Tikka in 204 (cant remember the group) It was a great video! Seems like people swear by there tikka's in 204
Varoum

Post by Varoum »

Here is a quote from a British web site.

A bolt apart
Truly a shortened profile, the CZ 527 action is only 6in long and saves at least 1lb over a standard short-action design. This is not a quick design fix - the whole action is miniaturised. The bolt has been scaled down, but the twin opposed locking lugs are suitably large to provide precise and safe bolt closure. End of quote. http://www.shootingtimes.co.uk/guns/rif ... eview.html

If you want a walk around rifle, like me. Get youself a light weight stock (around 20 ounces) with a carbon wrap barrel. You should have a rifle hoping to be at 4-5lbs. That is in the works for me. Just need to find a cheap CZ 527 action in .223 for this custom cartrige 20-222. Anyone?
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS, Cooper Model 21, Remington 40x

Post by Jim White »

I like my CZ, one heck of a walk around rig. I handled the Tikka's in the store I couldn't find a flaw with them either. If it matters, CZ's have good looking interior barrels. Don't know about Tikka's.
204_au
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS stainless

Post by 204_au »

CZ over the Tikka anyday.
GTOHunter

Post by GTOHunter »

I appreciate You checking on a Browning A-bolt .204 for me Pslyke...! :oops: ;) :D