Surprise in mail

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
goatr
.204 Ruger Guns: Tikka T3 Lite stainless

Surprise in mail

Post by goatr »

After loading 40 or so rds. for my new Tikka and being frustrated by my funnel with too large a neck, I ordered CRT's small rifle funnel along with flash hole reamer and a 50 hole reloading tray,all I can say is WOW. Beautiful products. I saw a RCBS funnel for $9.00 in town but I'm sure glad I ordered from CRT, just beautiful, almost too nice to use (HAHA), EVERYTHING ABSOLUTELY TOP NOTCH QUALITY,and worth every dime. Thank you again CRT.

Rene
wirelessguy2005
.204 Ruger Guns: Custom 20 SCC, Savage LRPV 20 Nitro , Howa 1500 204 Ruger

Re: Surprise in mail

Post by wirelessguy2005 »

I am glad to hear that you are happy with your new reloading tools. Thank You for the compliments! :D

Brad
goatr
.204 Ruger Guns: Tikka T3 Lite stainless

Post by goatr »

You are more than welcome, compliments are easy when the quality justifies it. Just superb,well be doing more business I'm sute. BTW can you ship bullets into Canada??
wirelessguy2005

I sure wish we could ship bullets internationally, unfortunately the US Postal Service strictly forbids it. I did some research into it last year and as of now its a no go. Its possible that this could change down the road if they relax the laws.
cracker

Post by cracker »

Wirelessguy
Are you telling me you can noy send bullet internationally? we are talking bullets and not live rounds?
Sportingly
cracker
Ol` Joe
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR-100

Post by Ol` Joe »

Not Wirelessguy2005 but I believe you can`t ship barrels, brass, or a lot of other shooting accessories out of country either, except in some instances, to licensed dealers.
Homeland Security has to be able to protect us ya know..
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

For a number of years, I did international import and export of machinery, and had to adhere to all applicable rules. It absolutely amazed me reading the U.S. Customs book at all the seemingly rediculous "rules" applied to firearms and associated goodies. For instance, you can't just ship a rifle barrel overseas, but if you're creative enough to label it "steel tubing", it zips right along to its destination without any fuss whatever.

Same item, not dangerous in any way, but "forbidden" if the word "rifle" or "barrel" is used in the description. Tell me that makes any sense. :!: Same lack of logic applies to shipping naked bullets, no powder, no primer, no brass, but those dang boolits might fall out of the box and offend someone along the way! :eek:

OT: I also use CRT equipment on the bench, and still marvel at the attention to detail and the excellent design and workmanship......very good stuff, highly recommended. :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

wirelessguy2005

yep, i am talking about just the projectile and not loaded rounds. I tried to use that same explanation with the US postal service and they said "it doesn't matter, its restricted for international shipment." I discussed the same thing with more than one person in the postal service and they all had the same answer. I have heard of other companies shipping them overseas against the rules, all i can say to that is I wouldn't want to be them when customs finds out. To my understanding there is a way to do it legally, however it involves getting an export license and then having the purchaser on the other end get a license as well. Basically its a lot of red tape to go thru. I hope someday they change the export laws, until then we can't ship bullets internationally.
cracker wrote:Wirelessguy
Are you telling me you can noy send bullet internationally? we are talking bullets and not live rounds?
RAMOS
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FLV, Cooper M21

Post by RAMOS »

"Metal Tubing", love it! Bet I know your favorite place for replacement tubing (there is a very nice lady there who can answer all kinds of tubing questions) :)
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

RAMOS wrote:"Metal Tubing", love it! Bet I know your favorite place for replacement tubing (there is a very nice lady there who can answer all kinds of tubing questions) :)
Yep, I know her well.....Penny, "The Steel Tubing Princess". ;)
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Sth Oz Dan
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 Hawkeye

Post by Sth Oz Dan »

How can we re-word "rifle scope" then?
steel tube with glass end caps?
I can easily order a pair of binoculars from the US but unless I get a license and order 100 at a time, no rifle scopes.
Somewhere between there and here the price rises about 200-300% :mad:
boomer84
.204 Ruger Guns: remington 700 sps varmint

Post by boomer84 »

Southy: look on ebay and find a seller that goes by Bonzerimports he is an aussie in the states with great prices and quick delivery and always free shipping.
He deals in bushnell and leupold and others. i got a 8-32x40 bushy for about $5-550 cant remember now but i know there were about $1000-1200 in local gun stores i will be going through him for all my next scopes!
Sth Oz Dan
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 Hawkeye

Post by Sth Oz Dan »

Cheers Boomer
Varoum
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by Varoum »

I live in Canada. One order a scope or rifle or rifle parts from the US. First, we have to pay a 300US$ exporting license fee for, regardless, one or 1 000 parts. Then more fees are involded for the various middle man.

So steel tubing is good until one gets in trouble. The seller, from the States, will pay for this big time. :eek:

Wirelessguy is doing the right thing. He has the choice to deal with this compagny for shipping international orders. Who will deal with all the US customs rules and regulations for shipping.

http://www.reloadinginternational.com/catalog/index.php

Please note I have never ordered from them. I could not rate them. :huh:
Pmoper
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FV

Post by Pmoper »

Varoum wrote:I live in Canada. One order a scope or rifle or rifle parts from the US. First, we have to pay a 300US$ exporting license fee for, regardless, one or 1 000 parts. Then more fees are involded for the various middle man.

So steel tubing is good until one gets in trouble. The seller, from the States, will pay for this big time. :eek:

Wirelessguy is doing the right thing. He has the choice to deal with this compagny for shipping international orders. Who will deal with all the US customs rules and regulations for shipping.

http://www.reloadinginternational.com/catalog/index.php

Please note I have never ordered from them. I could not rate them. :huh:
Why not drive to the US..you aren't that far anyways and bring it back....I go into Canada frequently to play golf and all they ever ask me is any tobacco,drugs or firearms.....I answer no and usually am on my way.....Just don't try and "hide" it......and never ever lie.......