Stock options for a CZ 527??

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
Predator1
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint

Stock options for a CZ 527??

Post by Predator1 »

I have a CZ527 with the wood stock and would like to know who makes Kevlar stocks for the CZ. I would like to have something similar to the factory CZ Kevlar. Thanks
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Stock options for a CZ 527??

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Not positive, but I believe H-S Precision produces the kevlar varmint stock for CZ. They, in additon to McMillan would be two top choices, but I'm sure there are others if you do a Google search.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Pmoper
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FV

Post by Pmoper »

I think Stocky's makes a couple of choices as well as HS precision
Varoum
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by Varoum »

wirelessguy2005
.204 Ruger Guns: Custom 20 SCC, Savage LRPV 20 Nitro , Howa 1500 204 Ruger

Post by wirelessguy2005 »

Originally HS Precison was building the Kevlar stocks for CZ. For the last 2 - 3 years Bell and Carlson has been making them for CZ. I was told that CZ switched because HS wasn't able to keep up with the production levels that CZ wanted. We just recently became a dealer of HS Precision stocks and when i was speaking with them last week I did verify that they no longer make the Kevlar stocks for CZ. They do however still manufacturer a Kelvar stock that fits the CZ 527 so they are available. Price is around $350 for an HS precision and $300 for a Bell and Carlson. Personally i would buy the HS after speaking with them and getting an explanation of the differences between the two. I am in the process of ordering a few of the HS Precision CZ 527 stocks, the only downfall is that they don't keep them in inventory so they are built when ordered. The current wait time for orders is 4 months. Give us a call or email if you would like one. sales@customreloadingtools.com or phone: 260-225-4400

Thanks,
Brad
Custom Reloading Tools LLC
BillC
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527

Post by BillC »

I just bought a varmint kevlar from CZ for my .204 and it arrived last Saturday. It is an HS Precision. I already own a CZ 527 in .223 with one of these stocks (varmint model with 1:9 twist) and was quite impressed. Hence, my decision to swap out the walnut on my .204 with the same stock.

A side note: I ordered a stock from Richards Microfit on October 3, 2011. As of Monday, February 27, 2010, the stock from Richards had not arrived. I did call the first week in January and they assured me that it would be shipped the following week. I cancelled the order on Feb. 27 and immediately placed the order with CZ for the HS stock. I didn't ask Richards what was going on, as my first experience was of such a nature as to deter me from attempting to purchase from them again. The lady on the telephone was quite cordial and apologetic. I was polite.

CZ had the HS Precision stock on my doorstep in four days.

Bill.
wirelessguy2005

Bill,

Out of curiosity how did you determine that its an HS Precision. I ask this because the Bell and Carlson and HS Precision stock look identical.
BillC wrote:I just bought a varmint kevlar from CZ for my .204 and it arrived last Saturday. It is an HS Precision. I already own a CZ 527 in .223 with one of these stocks (varmint model with 1:9 twist) and was quite impressed. Hence, my decision to swap out the walnut on my .204 with the same stock.

A side note: I ordered a stock from Richards Microfit on October 3, 2011. As of Monday, February 27, 2010, the stock from Richards had not arrived. I did call the first week in January and they assured me that it would be shipped the following week. I cancelled the order on Feb. 27 and immediately placed the order with CZ for the HS stock. I didn't ask Richards what was going on, as my first experience was of such a nature as to deter me from attempting to purchase from them again. The lady on the telephone was quite cordial and apologetic. I was polite.

CZ had the HS Precision stock on my doorstep in four days.

Bill.
BillC

Post by BillC »

Compared it to a buddy's custom build. I believe that HS Precision has a patent on the bedding block in the stock. With the exception of the machining (different actions), our stocks are identical. Don Kesselring confirmed that the stock on the .223 is HS Precision when he sold me the rifle.

Is there some definitive way to verify it?

Bill.
wirelessguy2005

When i was on the phone with HS precision last week i asked them that same question. They said something about a stamp or marking inside the barrel channel.
BillC

Post by BillC »

I'm cooking dinner at the moment. I'll pull one apart in the next couple of days and look.
Is this important?
wirelessguy2005

I wouldn't worry about it to much, both companies build good stocks.
BillC

Post by BillC »

Had I known in October what I know today, I would have ordered a stock from you. It seems that the HS Precision is preferred over the Bell and Carlson. Seems that I may have paid HS prices for a BC stock. I'll know as soon as I pull an action.

Thanks for the heads up.

Bill.
BillC

Post by BillC »

Just pulled the .223 from its stock. The rifle has a 2010 manufacturing date and when comparing the bedding block to the one in the stock I just ordered, they are different. The aluminum bedding block in the .223/2010 stock appears to have been vibro deburred and perhaps anodized. The new stock I just ordered has a bare aluminum bedding block. The corners on the block are still sharp on the new one, whereas the bedding block on the .223 has radiused corners and a much more refined finish. Neither stock has any marks, other than on the recoil pad. Both bedding blocks have the number 327 stamped on them in the same place, so it is probably reasonable to assume I have two identical brand X stocks.

Gentlemen, I think I was wrong about them being HS Precision. My apologies. If you want the real deal, it would be a very good idea to PM WirelessGuy.

Bill.
wirelessguy2005

Bill,

I wouldn't worry to much, the B&C stock is still an excellent stock. Stocky's gun stocks use to carry the HS precision CZ 527 stocks and i just found out that they no longer keep them in inventory, you have to special order them now. Looks like we may be the only company around that will be carrying them in stock once we get our order. HS told me that there is currently a 4 month wait time on all orders.

Brad
Custom Reloading Tools LLC
Predator1
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint

Post by Predator1 »

Brad, will they be available in different colors or will they come in just one option?