Skeet Range Day

Talk about hunting birds.
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Skeet Range Day

Post by skipper »

I loaded up my truck with shotgun, reloads, and safety equipment then headed out to the local skeet range. See below. I was pretty pleased with my reloads, all fired and did what they were supposed to do. Well, with the exception of the ones that missed their mark. I shot 17 and then 19 out of 25. That's not too bad but needs improvement.
HotWellsSkeet.jpg
HotWellsSkeet.jpg (183.38 KiB) Viewed 16009 times
HotWellsSkeet2.jpg
HotWellsSkeet2.jpg (163.56 KiB) Viewed 16009 times
I'm going to try to get out and shoot skeet every week between now and Teal Season mid September. Since I was shooting my Browning Cynergy over under I was able to save all my hulls to reload again. There was a guy shooting the same Winchester AA hulls I was who offered his to me. I thanked him kindly and picked up every hull he shot. When I left I had twice the number of hull that I came with. That equates to more reloading fun with the new MEC 8567 Grabber progressive press.
SkeetPano.jpg
SkeetPano.jpg (95.39 KiB) Viewed 16009 times
I called the local reloading supply to see if they had #9 shot on hand. They did BUT it was over $2/lb. A 25 pound bag was over $50. Wow!!! I'll check into ordering in bulk to see if there is a price discount. I can see shooting a lot of practice rounds, not to mention dove season starts September 1st.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Re: Skeet Range Day

Post by Bill K »

Really nice looking range you have there.. Good your loading is going well. Will be ready for the birds now. Bill K
skipper

Post by skipper »

If it flies, it dies!!! Pass the habanero sauce, please.
skipper

Post by skipper »

I made another trip to the range today. Shooting my reloads I was able to shoot 20 two times. I'm happy my reloads are capable of doing their job the way they are supposed to. Now if I can only get a 25 out of 25, i'll feel ready to start dove season.
jwsmith1959
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 MK II Hawkeye Predator

Post by jwsmith1959 »

I really like Hotwells. Haven't been there in a couple of years but used to shoot there a lot when I shot competitive back in the 80's/early 90's.
skipper

Post by skipper »

Gary Lamar was one of the coaches I used to take lessons from. He was an Olympic level shooter. He could stand behind you at a station and tell exactly what you were doing wrong. Got me sorted out in quick order. Really nice guy. Related to the owners, i think.