Teal for Ten

Talk about hunting birds.
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Teal for Ten

Post by skipper »

I guess it's no secret that I'm a duck hunter? Right?? Well anyhow, I went for opening day of teal season this morning with 9 other guns and a guide. It was cool when we first arrived but that didn't last very long. There was another group of hunters about 600 yards directly in front of us on the opposite bank. Every time they shot, teal got up and flew our direction and vice versa. Our two groups were separated by a small grassy area the teal seemed naturally attracted to. So, it didn't take very long to get our limit and get out of there.

These were about half of the ducks we shot. Some had already taken theirs and left the area. Thanks, Mark Hudman! Nice hunt!
IMG_1895.jpg
IMG_1895.jpg (5.73 MiB) Viewed 8837 times
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
erich

Re: Teal for Ten

Post by erich »

Nice hunt, I heading out on thrusday for a couple days of teal and fishing.
After the first shot the rest are just noise.
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

erich wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:22 pm Nice hunt, I heading out on thrusday for a couple days of teal and fishing.
We call that a cast and blast. Nice, lots of fun. Hunt till they quit flying then grab a rod and fish. Maybe an evening hunt??
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

Thanks for sharing that Skipper. Always nice getting out, and adding to the meal chain. And with good organic food. :D