Baikal Double Barrel

Talk about hunting birds.
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Baikal Double Barrel

Post by skipper »

I was drooling over the guns at my local Gander Mountain yesterday and came across this shotgun. It's Russian made by the brand name Baikal. They were imported for a while by Spartan Gun Works and now Remington has their brand on them. I've been wanting one of these for quite a while. At $500 I just couldn't pass up this little gem. Other double barrel shotguns are easily going for twice that. This one has interchangable choke tubes, selectable firing order and a nice safety. I hope to take it out tomorrow to bag a few dove. I'll let you know how she handles in the field. I've got my fingers crossed.

It's a good thing that they (Gander Mtn.) didn't have the double rifle in 45-70. I would have brought that one home right along with this one.

Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
foxwhistler
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington L.V.S.F

Re: Baikal Double Barrel

Post by foxwhistler »

Nice shotgun skipper.
My first shotgun was a Baikel,30 years ago!
It was a s/s double trigger non-ejector.
They used to be known over here as a farmers gun,as they were cheap,very basic and lasted forever.
There are still loads of these old Baikel`s over here,as they just dont break.
They also used to make some very cheap paper cased cartridges.
The only trouble with them was that it made it pointless having a double barrel,as when you fired a shot,you had to wait till the smoke cleared,to see if you`d hit anything. :D
I only have to be lucky once,
the fox has to be lucky every time!
greystone
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VTR

Re: Baikal Double Barrel

Post by greystone »

Thats a nice looking side by side scattergun :) . My main bird gun now is a light fast handling 20 ga O/U. I'll keep my eyes open for one of these. I've been wanting a side by side. Our pheasant season opens in a month and I'm gettin a little excited. Dave