My first homemade AR

Talk about ARs, in all their varieties!
Valar
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15

Re: My first homemade AR

Post by Valar »

I built pretty much the same gun a couple years ago, a year later I helped my buddy build one. Both guns are absolute tack drivers! You will not regret the 1in9 twist shilen! I wouldnt trade mine for anything. They really shine with 40 to 50 grainers. However, try the 26 g varmit grenade. The POI is much higher but vaporising and I mean vaporising ground squirrls is a blast! Enjoy.
dsandfort
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 BTCSS

Post by dsandfort »

I think I found the sweet spot. Using H322 from minimum to maximum and Nosler 40g bullets. This keeps showing up for me. At 23.3 grains, the groups just keep coming back. Not the fastest, but 9 out of 10 in the same (big) hole works for me. Still don't know what happened on that one. There was a guy on there range with me shooting a 223 and cheapo ammunition that couldn't put 10 in a 6" circle. He refused to believe that an AR can shoot like this. I offered him a chance with mine and he declined. Without the yanker, the group is around 0.47" .

Grendel
.204 Ruger Guns: AR with Shilen 24" barrel

Post by Grendel »

Awsome!!
204 AR W/24" Shilen barrel, Timney trigger, Todd Jerrett extended handguard, Leupold VX-2 6X18X40 Adj. Obj. Target Knobs