What trigger for an AR?

Talk about ARs, in all their varieties!
randyman
.204 Ruger Guns: .204 on AR platform, .20 Vartarg built from Rem. 700 SA

What trigger for an AR?

Post by randyman »

My brother in law just finished building his AR with a 24" bull barrel in .204. It's an ugly thing due to it having all the Ca. compliant stuff on it but I won't go down that road just now. We took it out last weekend to see if actually worked and to sight in the scope. Four shots later we were in the 10 ring but could only shoot a loose 1" group. I know that's pretty good but I know we can do better. He was shooting some of my reloads using 32 grain noslers and 29.5 gr. of CFE223 which shoot 1/2" groups in my AR when I'm having a good day. I finally got a chance to shoot it and my god-the trigger is terrible! It was the stock trigger that came with the lower parts kit so he's looking to swap it out. So, I'm wondering what do you guys recommend? I have Rifle Basix in a couple of my Rem. 700s but I didn't see one for an AR. I have a Geissele in my AR but I don't know if he wants to put out that kind of cash just now. Any other options that you like? Thanks, Randy.
BackStabber
.204 Ruger Guns: Model 12 Savage and White Oak

Re: What trigger for an AR?

Post by BackStabber »

I shoot savages as well as AR's and like the RRA 2 stage varmint because it feels similar to the savage acccu trigger. Some ppl dont like 2 stage so you would have to ask him I think its very smooth and reasonable for one of the best 2 stage AR triggers you can buy. Kit can be had for $95.00

https://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm ... ry_ID=1339
randyman
.204 Ruger Guns: .204 on AR platform, .20 Vartarg built from Rem. 700 SA

Post by randyman »

Thanks BackStabber for the link to RRA triggers. I'm trying to sway him towards the 2 stage trigger as I really like my Geissele G2S. He's shot it a few times but not totally convinced yet. R!
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS, Cooper Model 21, Remington 40x

Post by Jim White »

Can't help much with 2-stage triggers but if you want a single-stage ELF-Man makes a darn good one. I have them in my AR-10's and they break as crisp as any other trigger I have.
jsh
.204 Ruger Guns: Encore, savage LRPV

Post by jsh »

Trigger Tech, ya get what ya pay for.
crazyyote
.204 Ruger Guns: ar15

Post by crazyyote »

Google it, you'll find lots of choices. Must see is the "AR-15 drop in trigger roundup" from "the truth about guns" Really interesting stuff done with pure science and the human element. There are a lot of nice choices depending on how much coin you want to drop. Some superb ones in the $135.00 range too. Good luck.
MarkM.
.204 Ruger Guns: None

Post by MarkM. »

Geissele SSA-E and dont look back
Stugots
.204 Ruger Guns: Built an AR15 with a 26" White Oak Armory

Post by Stugots »

I have 5 AR15's and each one has a Geissele High Speed National Match trigger installed in them.
Yes, I realize speling is a chalunge for sum of us...I am inkluded in that grup, so pleze fourgiv me. Ski-U-Mah!
stubshaft
.204 Ruger Guns: Encore

Post by stubshaft »

I like the Rise 535 trigger and have it in all (5) of my AR's.
Tom Kat
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527, Ruger American Predator in Magpul Hunter stock

Post by Tom Kat »

randyman wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:50 am Thanks BackStabber for the link to RRA triggers. I'm trying to sway him towards the 2 stage trigger as I really like my Geissele G2S. He's shot it a few times but not totally convinced yet. R!
I have this trigger (RRA2stage) on one of my AR's. I think its a really good option and I can reccomend it with confidence.
"The difficulty lies not so much in developing new ideas as in escaping from old ones."

John Maynard Keynes