Olympic Arms

Talk about ARs, in all their varieties!
fishy
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 Hawkeye

Olympic Arms

Post by fishy »

I was just curious of what your guy's opinion is on Olympic Arms AR's. I have a chance to pick one up from a fellow that I work with for what seems to be a real reasonable price. I dont know all the specs to this particular gun at this time, but would like more your opinion on the quality of the guns this company makes and what there reputation is like. This isn't a company that I am familiar with. I have done a limited amount of research on the internet today and have found mostly mixed reviews.

This is a link to the one I believe it is http://www.olyarms.com/index.php?page=s ... &Itemid=37 I only got a brief look at it the other day at work and neglected to ask the model. I wont be able to find out the exact model for another week because the guy selling it is in the guard and is in the middle of his two week training right now.

thank for any info and opinions you might have.

Mark
204 AR
.204 Ruger Guns: custom 204 AR15, DPMS

Re: Olympic Arms

Post by 204 AR »

Olympic is one of the AR companies that have been around a long time. They used to be known for less reliability than the Colts, but perhaps more accurate. They supposedly make all their own parts, which most do not. The SUM (stainless ultra match) barrels they use are some of the best production barrels going, I have one on my Dtech 25 wssm and its plenty accurate to say the least. But not all their barrels are SUMs, of course. They developed the wssm line in the AR15 platform.

Bottom line, if its in good shape and a model you want, I wouldn't be scared of it.
fishy
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger M77 Hawkeye

Post by fishy »

Thanks for the Reply. I am actually taking this gun out for a test drive this weekend!! I will know more about it on Monday. I am heading out to western NE for the 4th an heading to the prairie dog town. Last time I was at this particular town my cousin and I sent a little over 200 rounds downrange at dogs in about 4 hours. The town hasn't been touched since I was out there last time so it could be another good time. Anyways, I should have a better idea of what this gun is by Monday.
phil in wyone
.204 Ruger Guns: remington 700 sps-varmint

Post by phil in wyone »

Little late, anyway my uncle has a custom AR built by Todd Hatcher that has an olympic arms lower, great gun for whacking dogs, just wish it was a .204. What area of western Nebraska were you hunting? How'd it go?
GaCop
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15, 24" stainless varmint barrel

Post by GaCop »

Only problem I ever had with them was the hassle of getting additional pistol caliber mags. Buy a pistol caliber upper and it came with only one magazine. Any additional mags must be made with "unobtanium" as their so hard to get.
RedLeg
.204 Ruger Guns: Varmint 18"

Post by RedLeg »

Finally stopped into Olympic Arms show room/factory today near Olympia, WA. If you are military/LE you get a great discount (about 20%). Guy behind the counter was friendly and helpful. Owner was on site. Everything looked to be high quality. Giving them much consideration for my next AR. Might be hard to pass up the good price...
1st ID Big Red One
ImageImage