204 Ruger dot com Postal Shoot Info and what not.

Participate in friendly board-wide competitions.
.204 Sniper

Post by .204 Sniper »

I didn't think I qualified because my account was activated a few days ago.........................but I see I SIGNED UP on July 11! I CAN SHOOT! :w00t:

Factory/Factory......................PM is on the way!
When your attack is going well you are about to be ambushed.
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Might need some help....

Post by acloco »

Looking at the map: http://wrzwaldo.org/204_Ruger_dot_Com_P ... erMap.html

Seems that I could use a little help in closing up the middle from South Dakota. If all of the prairie dogs make a run at center of the U.S., I don't know if SKB2706, BadDad, Steve V, & Savage Rookie can help close up the flanks soon enough.

Sending a flare up NOW! :)
sniper2o4

Post by sniper2o4 »

WOW 204 sniper, now THAT is a group! It looks like I've got some rough competition as I'm in the factory/factory class as well. Glad to see you can participate. The more competition, the more worthy the bragging rights!
sniper2o4

Remington model 700 ADL .204 w/ Leupold 2-7x33 Vari-X I

Marlin model 25mn .22 mag w/ 2.5x32 Bushnell sharpshooter
Hutch20

Post by Hutch20 »

I've got a question concerning a couple of rifles being considered "factory"

How can the xr-100 be considered factory production when a kimber is considered factory custom?

Personally, I think any rifle designed as a bench rifle, or match grade should be considered factory custom. Examples, ruger mkii target, xr-100,cooper,kimber,40X,LRPV. I think that would be a little more even playin field.

If the classes are left as is that's fine by me, but, in that case I would like to shoot in the factory custom class also, with my factory rifle. ;)

Hutch
acloco

Post by acloco »

Can always determine class my manufacturer's suggested retail price.
Hutch20

Post by Hutch20 »

I'm not quite sure what direction your comin from with that reply????

Hutch
WrzWaldo
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR-100 / Savage-Douglas-Richards

Post by WrzWaldo »

acloco wrote:Can always determine class my manufacturer's suggested retail price.
Yes that's how some clubs do it.
Hutch20

Post by Hutch20 »

Okay, The direction has been established. Thank you.

But, what relevance does that have with this shoot??

Hutch
WrzWaldo

Post by WrzWaldo »

It could be used as another method of determining what rifles shoot against each other.

XR-100 MSRP $1057

LRPV MSRP $1041

These are factory production rifles and should shoot against each other.

Model 40-XBâ„¢ Rangemaster Thumbhole Stock $2532 as a single shot

10FPXP HS Precision $2235

By MSRP would shoot together

I don't have Cooper pricing, but a Cooper Montana Varminter on gunbroker is starting at $2999 a Cooper 21 Phoenix .222 Rem mag is starting at $1600 with a buy now of $1850.

A Dakota Predator in 20 Vartarg goes for $4445 in walnut! A model 10 in 20 practical goes for over $7000.

Kimber 84M Varmint 204 Ruger MSRP $1160

Hmmm that don't seem like the way to go.
Last edited by WrzWaldo on Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hutch20

Post by Hutch20 »

I think the set-up you have now is a good one. I also think that it could use a little fine tuning, that's all. If you disagree, that's fine just tell me to shut up or something. And please don't think that anything i've said ,typed, has any hatefullness to it. I'm no writer so relaying feeling through print don't work for me. Thank goodness for smilies huh??

But any how do it how you feel .

Hutch
WrzWaldo

Post by WrzWaldo »

No problem Hutch!

We will definitely fine tune before the next shoot. All comments so far will be used to formulate the final to-do for this type of shoot. Our theme shoots will be different each time and will most likely require a different set of rules each time.

I will soon be working with a couple members of the forum to get the ball rolling for our first theme shoot. The "204Ruger dot com Prairie Dog Postal Shoot", and it'll be a hoot. I also see a team theme shoot in the future.

Keep the suggestions / comments coming!

WW
BunGhoLeo

Post by BunGhoLeo »

acloco wrote:Can always determine class my manufacturer's suggested retail price.
That'll really piss off the Wetherby guys. From what i've seen and heard they don't excatlly shoot that great.
.204 Sniper

Post by .204 Sniper »

I don't care WHO I shoot against...................just remember - my gun is AS IS Out of the Box except for the trigger. ;)

Factory gun/Factory ammo.

If your gun cost $5000, I really don't care.....................as long as it weighs close to mine. Mine is 11.8 pounds.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

:shotgun:
When your attack is going well you are about to be ambushed.
acloco

Post by acloco »

Just a suggestion to level the playing field.

Would I put my $400 Savage 12FV up against a Cooper or other? YEP!
BunGhoLeo

Post by BunGhoLeo »

Uh ohh, were starting to sound like politicians now...

Thinking about this more, and stareing at my target made by my Ruger No. 1, has made me relize that this isn't the 1970's anymore. Technology has brought us to a point where you really have to get a lemon for a rifle or brand of ammo not to shoot good; or your just to prideful to admit that the lack of accrucy could be that fleshy object gripping the stock. Gone are the days that reloading would gain you inches of better accrucy, but now grant us tenths of an inch better from a sub MOA mass produced gun, with some seeking that extra hundreth or thousadths of an inch.

Maybe it should just be an open shoot, and with the rifle and specs placed next to the final score, let the mass's decide for themselfs if it was the gun, or the person pulling the trigger. Like i've said before though. Out of all the modifications we can do, handloading will be the biggest factor.