Politics and tough gun control

Discussion about topics not related to hunting or the 204 Ruger.
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Politics and tough gun control

Post by Bill K »

Interesting how libs/Democrats are all so gunho for tough gun laws, yet when Hunter is in violation of a felony gun law, they suddenly want him not charged with the felony and say he just made a mistake.
His lawyers and others right up to the President want this just put aside and/or turned into a lesser violation. Total hypocrites. He needs arrested, taken to court, found guilty and put into prison, like so many other have been, for the same violation on his Federal paperwork/form, when he bought a firearm.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Politics and tough gun control

Post by Rick in Oregon »

You're right of course, Bill.
But this bird will never see a day behind bars, much to our collective chagrin. He's a Democrap, so basically immune from prosecution.
Both him and his idiot country-destroying father belong in prison. It'll never happen, but we can all wish.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Bill K

Post by Bill K »

Everyday, in my prayers for the good of many, I also pray that criminals like the Biden's and others in Wash Dc and a few governors get arrested, found guilty and go to prison for at least 40 yrs. But I know, deep down, they will never see a day as such. Sad for the Grand Old Republic.
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

I have noticed that many of these politicians are so tough on crime, like the Gov in N.M. But ask them about Hunter and all of sudden they are wanting to lessen the felony charge on him. And trying their best to keep his violation/crime out of court. Again they are hypocrites. :mad:
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS, Cooper Model 21, Remington 40x

Post by Jim White »

Tough on guns they are it seems, but easy on crime--- :huh:
Tom Kat
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527, Ruger American Predator in Magpul Hunter stock

Post by Tom Kat »

I bet anything corn pop will pardon his boy-
"The difficulty lies not so much in developing new ideas as in escaping from old ones."

John Maynard Keynes
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

Today Biden said he is forming a new federal agency, to stop gun violence. I can see this as just another department for high wages for the federal employees and not way in the world they can or could come up with something to stop gun violence. Unless, like Biden and his admin they believe the crystal ball they use will tell them who and when a criminal is going to commit a crime with a gun.
Talk about AI, artificial alright, but on intelliegence. :lol:
Wansgelay
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by Wansgelay »

"Hey there,
It's a complex issue, for sure. People often have differing views on gun control, and it can be interesting to see how opinions shift when it's someone close to them involved. You can find more discussions on that topic on political social media platforms. Let's hope for a fair and consistent approach to all such cases."
Last edited by Wansgelay on Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill K

Post by Bill K »

I now see that the Czar of this new gun violence head is Kamala ( you know the mistress from S.F. from reports with Willy, Right ? ). If she does as good a job as she has being the Border Czar, crime has gone way up with illegals crossing intothe USA, Just think how much crime will go up via criminals with her as the Violence Czar. Be prepared folks to protect yourself, as she and other sure will not. :twisted:
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Wansgelay wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:42 amIt's a complex issue, for sure. People often have differing views on gun control, and it can be interesting to see how opinions shift when it's someone close to them involved.
We had what qualified as a deadly mass shooting here last year in our local Safeway with a young fool with his AR a few blocks from home. So I think it's safe to say we were "involved". Our collective views on this "complex issue" have not changed one iota.

Bill K:
As the "Border Czar", camel-girl did such a dandy job of controlling our southern border, just imagine the bang-up job she's sure to do in regard to her new meaningless title......but be afraid, very afraid.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Bill K

Post by Bill K »

I think all honest and lawful citizens should be very afraid of what this fruitcake and her admin will be doing and/or trying to do with t his new department and what they call gun violence, instead of looking for means to stop criminal violence and enforce the laws of the land on the criminal, instead of lawful citizens. It is going to get a lot worse yet.
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS, Cooper Model 21, Remington 40x

Post by Jim White »

I noticed on Friday Judge Benitz once again, ruled California's magazine capacity ban unconstitutional [the second time he has done so]. The first time it was reversed by the full 9th circuit ultimately. This is a good restart of the process but to me it is just a delay tactic.

Since the 9th circuit didn't address this issue enbanc after the 2022 Bruen decision it seems they went back to square one. Of course the California Attorney General will appeal next to a 3-judge panel and then to the full circuit and then to the SCOTUS. IMO, justice delayed is justice denied and I expect the same with California's AWB which was also remanded back to the 9th circuit after Bruen...back to square one.

As far as what Biden did this week with his creation, one thing is for sure, it won't be good for gun owners.