Bullet damage!

Share information about reloading the .204 Ruger.
RAMOS
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FLV, Cooper M21

Re: Bullet damage!

Post by RAMOS »

Moto, I don't think there is anyone here who has not benefited from the general membership. I had been reloading for somewhere around thirty years before finding the internet and finding this site. Never had a real problem but, this is where I started to get interested in and working on PRECISION reloading. Beyond a doubt, it has made a measurable difference. Cost a few bucks too, but it has been worth it! Welcome aboard.
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Post by futuretrades »

I started reloading some 35 years ago. I was very fortunate that a very close friend helped me get started. I learned most of the basics from him, and reading my first reloading manual.I bought my first varmint rifle about 12 yrs ago. And I found this site after reading and purchasing my 204. The people here have been absolutly wonderful. I even got to meet some of the members and go shooting "skippy" with them. :D I have since learned much from them, and now I can also contribute in the helping of "Newbies".
As per your problems, I don't think I can add to the suggestions above. Best of luck and above all, keep safe!
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.
Tokimini
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 SPS with a Shilen barrel

Post by Tokimini »

RAMOS wrote:Moto, I don't think there is anyone here who has not benefited from the general membership. I had been reloading for somewhere around thirty years before finding the internet and finding this site. Never had a real problem but, this is where I started to get interested in and working on PRECISION reloading. Beyond a doubt, it has made a measurable difference. Cost a few bucks too, but it has been worth it! Welcome aboard.
Amen to that. I first started reloading a few years ago and this forum has been a wealth of information that saved my newbie butt more than once. Everyone is more than willing to share their knowledge and I was never once made to feel my questions were stupid. Thanks to everyone, especially RIO.
Last edited by Tokimini on Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Tokimini wrote:Thanks to everyone, especially RIO.
'Preciate the kind words......I only hope I'm worthy.

When I returned to "The World" in '68, besides my dad who was a big game guide and wrangler at our ranch in BC, I had a champion BR shooter in the SF bay area take me under his wing at the local range and steer me in the right direction, always answering my dumb questions with patience. The future of our pastime is in the hands of the newbies just starting out now. It's in all our best interest to nurture new shooters, teach them our combined knowledge so they can enjoy our sport as we have for all these years.

Like most here, I too have learned from our little gathering place. It's just a great place to grab a cup of coffee, pull up a stool, and be in the company of like-minded folks yakin' about the stuff we all love.

And besides, it just feels good helping out fellow shooters. :D

Below, just for fun........the "banners of freedom and fun"!

Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Grendel
.204 Ruger Guns: AR with Shilen 24" barrel

Post by Grendel »

Agreed Rick....no such thing as "Too Much Fun"!
204 AR W/24" Shilen barrel, Timney trigger, Todd Jerrett extended handguard, Leupold VX-2 6X18X40 Adj. Obj. Target Knobs
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Post by futuretrades »

I always love that picture Rick! :mrgreen: Seems like when I see it, my eyes tend to well up with great pride! :salute:
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.