Anyone here built a 22-204R?

Share information about reloading the .204 Ruger.
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Re: Anyone here built a 22-204R?

Post by futuretrades »

Nor Cal Mikie wrote:It's been mentioned by folks doing the H2o measuring thing that a little dish soap or alcohol in the water will work to releave surface tension and bubbles.
For many years, gold miners have used dish soap to do exactly what Nor Cal Mikie just said. Believe it or not, the surface tension of water, can, and will "float" the finer flakes of gold when doing a clean-up. Don't know about using for checking the volume in brass, but does sound logical. Just try not to create bubbles when mixing in the water.
JMHO
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

n4u: Wow, two full grains more in the improved case. I'm impressed. With that case and the right load, you'll be treading in 22-250 territory. (This would make a dandy open country coyote rifle with longer barrel life....... :chin: )

I'm wondering now how long the neck is on the improved case, still has to be more than one bullet dia, right? When you get a chance, post a pic of the 22-204 alongside a 223 and 204 case for comparison. You know how we relate to pics around here. :D

Looks like Mikie and Kevin answered the water surface tension question......both methods work for me too.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

n4ue
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FV

Post by n4ue »

NCM. Thanks. I just realized that any good 'surfactant' should work. Also, I think I have some Red Line "water wetter" out in the shop. I use it in my hot rods........
Thanks!

ron