has andbody used nosler 32 gr lf bt

Share information about reloading the .204 Ruger.
varmit_master
.204 Ruger Guns: TC 204

has andbody used nosler 32 gr lf bt

Post by varmit_master »

I come across a good deal on a bunch of 32 gr BT lead free. The guy at nosler said they r made to in and blow up like the berger bullets are they said. Are the better than a 32 gr v max and 32 gr lead BT . The lead free has a better BC than others. I was reading they say some 1@12 won't shoot them. Mine is a 1@10. I can get then cheap my buddy's gun won't shoot them being a 1@12. Are they anygood on coyotes . I called nosler reloading data and they said yes. Made not to make a exit hole.I lI've in a state where u can shoot lead bullets. If they r worth buying I will get them. But if they shoot like the v max up close and splatter when they hit I don't want them. Please help.Thanks
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: has andbody used nosler 32 gr lf bt

Post by Rick in Oregon »

You won't know until you try them, as that higher BC is a result of a longer bullet to meet weight requirements being lead-free. A 12-twist rifle will most like stabilize the 32gr bullet, but again, you'll have to try a box in YOUR rifle.

I shoot them in four 204's and my 20VT due to the attractive prices they usually command, and they blow up ground squirrels just dandy, just like the BT. If you're looking for a hide-friendly coyote bullet, well then, this bullet is most likely not for you. You may want to try the Berger 35gr for that venue.

By the way, do us all a favor and ditch the "AOL" or "kiddie-text" lingo on the forums. Are you too lazy to type "you, your", or "are"?
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

varmit_master

Post by varmit_master »

Thanks the guy that has them and wants to traded me his rifle is a 1@12 and won't stabilize the bullets. My rifle is a 1@10 so I think it will. Coyotes here I was told was selling for 4.00 and they dock you 5.00 dollars for shooting it with a rifle. So I wouldn't be selling them the gray and red fox I will and bobcats. Do you think the e-tips wouldn't be a fur bullet. I called nosler and the tech told me they was made to go in and blow up. Made not to make a exit hole. Thanks.
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

I called nosler and the tech told me they was made to go in and blow up. Made not to make a exit hole. Thanks.
And he is correct. On shots that penetrate thru hide & flesh. However,, with that being said,, IF you happen to pound a coyote in the shoulder or even hit the rib cage up high they can/have/will explode on impact on the outside leaving a gaping hole. I've seen pics of 32gr V-Max in a 20-223 nearly blow a Fox in half. Ballistic tip bullets perform with extreme violence. RIO nailed it on the 35gr Bergers for fur. HTH
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
varmit_master

Post by varmit_master »

Thanks I have 3000+ 32 gr z max I will use them on crows. I have 500 of the 35 gr berger HP on hand. I may order some 40 gr berger HP. Sale the z max and hole off on the e tips. I have 40 gr nosler BT , v max , & accu tips all in 40 gr. I may just sale my 32 gr and all my 40 gr and order maybe 1000 35 gr & 1000 40 gr berger. I like the way the 39 gr bking shoot out of my gun. For using on coyotes not worth anything here the 39 gr bking will work good I think. The only powder I have used is RL10 I have 8 pds on hand. Every time I see it I try to buy 2 pds or so to put up. Again thanks for the help.
ClaimJumper
.204 Ruger Guns: 3 custom .204's,22-250ai, 5-223, 6br Norma, Savage builds

Post by ClaimJumper »

I shot 3,000 + last year alone. I love those in a 1-11 twist heavy fluted barrel.
X-Terminator powder
Rem BR primer
Norma Brass
32 LF Nosler BT

decent BC for a light bullet and deadly accurate, I get them on sale at Noslers http://www.shootersproshop.com for 12$ per 100 in the winter months.

Even though I don't shoot in a lead free zone I choose them because of the accuracy. High speed + accuracy.

Retired Timber faller