N530 in 204 R and 17 Rem

Share information about reloading the .204 Ruger.
SecretCode
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 vlp .204

Re: N530 in 204 R and 17 Rem

Post by SecretCode »

Have a couple of KG's to try for .204 with a few bullets. Bought it for that and .223. Did find some decent starting points in my AR .223. Only started reloading last yr and powder stock was non existent in my armory so I have to buy what I could find that could work. I thought I read its similar burn rate to XBR 8208 which like others works well with my 39 grain blitz kings. Will gladly try some more well know .204 powders as they become available. Budget doesn't really allow hazmat fees in 8 lber's or even single lbs.
foxwhistler
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington L.V.S.F

Re: N530 in 204 R and 17 Rem

Post by foxwhistler »

I've been looking at N530 due to the factory data, which shows some serious velocity. However, I haven't found anyone coming anywhere close to those numbers! At the moment I use N133. It is seriously accurate in my rifle, though loses some fps over the benchmark I used to use! The trouble is, benchmark is now almost impossible to get here in the UK.
Price isn't really a problem, because I'm mostly a fox shooter, so don't use huge amounts of ammo. There again, there's not a lot of difference in price between Viht and benchmark in the UK. All reloading components are expensive over here!
I only have to be lucky once,
the fox has to be lucky every time!