annealing questions

Share information about reloading the .204 Ruger.
WHISTLEPIG

Post by WHISTLEPIG »

Rick, The 85 will be just like your 75 varmint stainless laminate except for the few minor modifications of the 85. Slightly different mag catch, comb of stock a little higher. Although it would not effect the #1 action, the bolt lock device is no longer on the larger actions. I was scared to death that the rifle I have now was going to come with one of those. I am currently working on 1100 new cases and I'm in primer pocket unifing heck.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

WP: Yep, I bet your giddy with excitement alright; that will be one nice rat whacker. Glad to hear the bolt lock device is history; bet you are too. You'll have to come over next spring and 'teach Skippy how to jump' with us.

You know, I don't mind prepping cases too much, but the part I REALLY hate is deburring flash holes! Any more, I do 100 cases all the way through at a time to break up the monotony. Makes me wish I had another teenager at home to bribe into case prep for me......wifey will not have any part of it :lol: There's worse ways to spend a snowy winter evening though.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

OldSchool
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 VLP Super Sniper 10x

Post by OldSchool »

Hey just wanna say thanks guys! I had a run a while back of about 45% of my WW cases splitting and finally decided I would get back in the reloading room and do some annealing to try and work it out. Wanted do double check my method so I did a search for annealing on here and found this post. Lots a good info here and while I didn't post the question I certainly don't feel short on info so,

Thanks again Rick, Whistlepig, Skipper etc.
"There's only one truth about war: people die." - Sheridan
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Good to hear from you again Old School, also glad to hear you got into some chucks back there on your boss' farm. That must have been one big fattie chuck. My largest rock chuck out here ran just a hair over 16 lbs.

I just finished up neck turning (tight neck chamber) and annealing some .17 Mach IV cases myself. Glad you were able to gleen some info from this post. It's not rocket science, but must be done correctly, or you're back to split necks again.

Here's those turned and annealed Mach IV's:

Another batch of 50 ready to load for 'Fun with Skippy' in another few weeks. Those babies will wear 25gr Berger's over some H322 for 3860 fps. Can you say "SPLAT"?
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

OldSchool
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 VLP Super Sniper 10x

Post by OldSchool »

Cool,
Good to here from you again, maybe you canget out there and bust some jacks yourself too.
Those 17's look sexy, I also polish up the brass before I anneal it so I can see the color change better.
Take Care
"There's only one truth about war: people die." - Sheridan