I think my 204 likes blitzkings

Share information about reloading the .204 Ruger.
K_Hini

I think my 204 likes blitzkings

Post by K_Hini »

I had taken it out and shot a load I had worked up 26.4gr-28.0gr. I did not chrono the load I was running out of daylight. Of the 9 groups I had shot five of them were under a half inch. All the groups I had had one flier all the time!!! I guess I just need to learn how to shoot. I bought some 35gr bergers but I think I will be sattisfied with these unless they are better on animals??

cz varmint
sightron 4-16

32gr bk
wsr primers
win cases
benchmrk

those are 1" circles
100 yards of course

sorry they are so big I thought I had resized them as small as I could get them??!!?!
KVW
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12LRPV & 12FVS

Re: I think my 204 likes blitzkings

Post by KVW »

Good looking groups. Give the 39's a try, I've had great luck with them. Are you in the postal shoot? If not my might think about getting in.
Savage 12LRPV W/Sightron 36x scope
Savage 12FV W/Weaver T-36 scope

K_Hini

Post by K_Hini »

yea right I need a lot more practice before I get into the postal!!! I dont think I could keep up with you guys!!! I need to play around with the loads here before I get into anything. maybe next year I will!!!
I thought about the 39gr but I am going to concentrate on these 1st. If i do try the 39gr bk I will prolly try them with h4895..

kyle
WrzWaldo
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR-100 / Savage-Douglas-Richards

Post by WrzWaldo »

Those would be some mighty fine groups for the postal shoot.
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

They look just plain good to me, I wish my worn-out old rifle shot that well :D Mine will still do that, I just gotta hold my tongue in my mouth the right way..........
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
Lee C.

Post by Lee C. »

That is some pretty good shooting. You should get in the postal shoot. I know the way i've been shooting the last few week ends. About all my target is going to be good for is a good laugh. :wall: You should get in the shoot it's just for fun any ways.