Speer, .204 39 gr. TNT

Share information about reloading the .204 Ruger.
broper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 sps

Speer, .204 39 gr. TNT

Post by broper »

Has anybody used this bullet? What was your load and accuracy? How does it perform on vermin? I just picked up a box of these today, plan on trying them next time I load a batch. Just wondering what anybody else's experience is with them.
Darkker
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger Predator

Re: Speer, .204 39 gr. TNT

Post by Darkker »

I used 748. Don't have my notes handy for load info.
Remember that 748 really likes to be pushed hard. Their name is VERY aptly given. On rock chucks it is pretty much like a stick of dynamite stuck down their pants....
I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.
tpcollins
.204 Ruger Guns: Tikka T3 Lite

Post by tpcollins »

I tried these bullets with 8208 XBR and it was ok but not the cloverleafs I was looking for. I just don't think my Tikka likes anything but 32 grain bullets the Sierra 39gr BK didn't group any better.
HeadLever
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Model 21

Post by HeadLever »

I loaded some up with my 39 BK load (25.5 gr of Benchmark over BR-4 Primers) and they shot pretty well. Groups were .6 to .75 inchs, which is a little worse than I typically get out of my Cooper shooting the BlitzKings. However, the cost is quite a bit lower as well. Right now, thier avaliability seems to be pretty sparse. If they ever decide to offer bulk valuepacks, I may just have to spend some more time tweaking the loads to see if I can get them to shoot under a 1/2".

Of course, I always like to support Idaho-based companies as well.
shoots for fun
.204 Ruger Guns: h & r handi rifle

Post by shoots for fun »

I use 24.8 gr of Rel 10X and BR4 primers in my H&R Handi rifle. I neck turn and and use .002 neck tension using a Redding bushing die. I also seat the bullets at 3.145 as measured using Hornady comparator. The velocity is 3855 fps out of the 24" factory heavy barrel. This load will shoot .5 or less @ 100 yards most all the time. My best yet has been a .286 five shot group @ 100yds. I've tried evey bullet from 24-39 gr with most giving acceptable results. But this load has become my "go-to" load.

The explosiveness on goundhogs is almost unbelievable. :lol: It not only "jellyfies" them but also cuts the smaller ones in half at 75yds. :shock: Garden rabbits become scramble eggs. :eek: