World's Finest Trimmer

Share information about reloading the .204 Ruger.
csand
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Firearms

World's Finest Trimmer

Post by csand »

I use Forster trimmers but would like to hear any comments regarding the "World's Finest Trimmer".

Thanks.
RAMOS
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FLV, Cooper M21

Re: World's Finest Trimmer

Post by RAMOS »

Cal, is that that fancy one Sinclair sells that only works for a couple different cartridges, indexes off the shoulder? Or are you speaking in more general terms? I know RIO is very fond of his Forster and I am very fond of my LE Wilson/Sinclair set up. One thing I really like on mine is the fact that I can determine finished length w/ a caliper before I even throw a piece of brass at it. This is due to the fact that it does not use a collet. I just measure from the face of the stop to the head of the cutter.
csand
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Firearms

Post by csand »

Yes, it is the fancy, one trick pony, trimmer that indexes off the shoulder. They claim it is faster and more precise. Anyway, I'm very happy with my Forster too but I'm willing to ponder other options.
RAMOS

Post by RAMOS »

Got it. Went to "Little Crow Gunworks" website and watched the second video, comparing it to a Hornaday Trimmer. Appears to be both, fast and accurate in comparison. Looks like they make it for a large variety in cartridges if you order from them. The main drawback being that it is cartridge specific. So, my EXPERT OPINION AND COUNCIL is thus: You should buy one and let us know how it works. If it appears to be a winner, you should let us all try it out. I am sure you would have it back in as little as 2-3 years! Seriously, I bet it is a good one but, have never seen or used one. Have you done a Google search for reviews?
Joe O
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage LRPV,Ruger K1V,G2 Contender

Post by Joe O »

Not sure what the best one is,but after trimming 900 cases with my upgraded Wilson trimmer,using a cordless screw driver,I sure was wishing for a Giraud.And I still have twice that many to trim.Plenty of time though.
RAMOS

Post by RAMOS »

Holy smokes, Joe! That is a heap big pyle of brass.
32dgrz
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage

Post by 32dgrz »

I got one and love it. It is fast and accurate
247sniper
.204 Ruger Guns: Custom .204 Ruger !

Post by 247sniper »

Forester classic is great, accurte, repeatable and quick. All you'll ever need. :D
Joe O
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage LRPV,Ruger K1V,G2 Contender

Post by Joe O »

247sniper wrote:Forester classic is great, accurte, repeatable and quick. All you'll ever need. :D

Have one ,in addition to my Wilson.Main thing you need is time, when your faced with 2500 pieces of brass :roll: to trim.Luckily,I have plenty of that.
204cat
.204 Ruger Guns: rem 700 sps in 204ruger

Post by 204cat »

going to throw a vote in the rcbs electric trimmer. only use it when needed. still an awsome trimmer.
dsandfort
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 BTCSS

Post by dsandfort »

You think he would call his brother, but no. Just finished trimming 200 pieces in about 1.5 hours with the WFT. I like it and it is quite accurate.
Del