couple of pictures(gruesome)

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the .204 Ruger.
foxwhistler
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington L.V.S.F

couple of pictures(gruesome)

Post by foxwhistler »

I just thought i would share a couple of pictures with the good people of the 204um.The first one was taken a few evenings ago,on a farm i`ve shot a number of foxes on over the years.I had basically gone up to do a bit of calling with my 204 LVSF.IT was getting a bit late in the evening and the mist was coming in quiet heavy,so i decided to have one last call in a place id lost a fox the year before(saw me before i could see him).Anyway i had been calling for a few minutes when i saw a shape coming out of the mist very quick.Luckily for me i managed to stop him dead in his tracks with an "oi".Ithen shot him from 60yards with a factory Remi 40grain.I was quiet suprised with the damage as ive shot a lot of foxes with the 204,but very rarely with this much damage. Image
The second picture was taken the night before when i was out doing a bit of rabbit control for a different farmer .I was sitting at the edge of a small wood snipping rabbits with a.22lr and sound moderator when i noticed a fox walking along the edge of the woods with what seemed to be something in its mouth.It was about 40yards away when the bullet ruined its day.I was quite suprised to see what he actually had in his mouth,because as you can see from the photo it`s quite a mouthful. Image Sorry about the poor quality pictures but i only had my camera phone with me.
I only have to be lucky once,
the fox has to be lucky every time!
MinotBob
.204 Ruger Guns: T/C Contender G2 .204 Ruger

Re: couple of pictures(gruesome)

Post by MinotBob »

What's that you are using for sound suppression?
MinotBob
foxwhistler

Post by foxwhistler »

It`s a reflex sound supressor,but it looks a bit different as its got a camo neoprene cover on it.It stops a bit of the ringing sound you can get when the hot gasses of the shot,hit the sides of the moderator.It can also stop a bit of mirage if you fire a lot of shots in a short time.
Robert harrel
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger 77 m ll,cooper mod21, rem 700,savage12 fvb,savage lrpv

Post by Robert harrel »

what was in its mouth ?
pups or what
If not for my forgetful nature remembering things would be no problem at all.
foxwhistler

Post by foxwhistler »

As far as i can tell five baby rabbits.It must have dug them out.One had its head missing. Image Image
Drew Jaeger
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington 700 VSSF II

Post by Drew Jaeger »

Good shooting foxwhistler. Interesting photos too.
Cheers

Drew

"Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."
hoegebear
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem XR 100

Post by hoegebear »

Good shooting! What kind of hoops do you have to jump thru to own guns in the UK,or more specifically, Wales? We are kind of under the impression here in the USA, it's almost impossible to own guns in the UK. Jim
foxwhistler

Post by foxwhistler »

Wales has got the same laws as the rest of the uk.On shotguns it isnt too bad,but you do need to prove good reason to the police before they will grant a certificate.
On firearms you need good reason for every rifle you want to buy.
You are normally restricted to a rimfire for the first 3 years before they will consider you for a centrefire.
Youre normally restricted also for the first 5 years to only shooting on land that has been checked by a firearms officer as to whether it is safe or not.The problem i have with this is that most of the firearms officers have never shot themselves,and they tell us where we can shoot.
I think the only way we benifit over america is that we are allowed sound moderators .
If you want to know anything else just ask
Jamie.
WHISTLEPIG

Post by WHISTLEPIG »

foxwhistler, Very interesting story. That fox with the baby rabbits got a little too greedy. All you fellows form Ireland and Wales have posted some very beautiful photos.