Some Pics from Fox Whistling Down Under

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the .204 Ruger.
bigfellascott
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA

Post by bigfellascott »

Some pics of some of the fox whistling action over the last few years - rifles use are 204 Howa, 222, Howa, 22.250 Howa, 223 Ruger and 12g Boito Shotgun.

I use the Fox Pro Shockwave and Tenterfield Whistles, Scotch Predator Caller and Styrofoam (I wet it with my tongue and rub it on the window of the 4wd when spotlighting).

This pair were shot at just over 270m with the 204 Howa shooting off a Harris bipod sitting in front of the tree in the pic above.

This one was shot at approx 320m

This one had a small Magpie Chick in its mouth

boomer84
.204 Ruger Guns: remington 700 sps varmint

Post by boomer84 »

Great job mate making us Aussies proud!!! And welcome to this fantastic forum and a great mob of knowledgeable guys! I'm from the west. Which part of oz u hang your hat mate?

Boomer.
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Re: Some Pics from Fox Whistling Down Under

Post by Bill K »

Very nice, enjoyed them. Thank you for sharing those.. Bill K :D
Sidewinderwa
.204 Ruger Guns: Savages

Post by Sidewinderwa »

Great pictures, thanks for sharing. What were you shooting that caused the huge exit holes? Are there many foxes there? What are some of your other favorite targets of opportunity? Do you have lots of rabbits?

It is prime coyote pelt time in my neighborhood. We have a few foxes and bobcats, they are on my bucket list for this winter. Ground squirrels and prairie dogs are on the menu in the spring and summer.

Welcome bigfellascott. Pull up a chair and join the love of shooting with all the trigger pullers here? Keep them pictures coming! :morons:
Please, no Sidewinder today!
bigfellascott

Post by bigfellascott »

boomer84 wrote:Great job mate making us Aussies proud!!! And welcome to this fantastic forum and a great mob of knowledgeable guys! I'm from the west. Which part of oz u hang your hat mate?

Boomer.
About 4000km East of you by the sounds of it! :lol:
bigfellascott

Post by bigfellascott »

Bill K wrote:Very nice, enjoyed them. Thank you for sharing those.. Bill K :D
Thanks Bill :D
bigfellascott

Post by bigfellascott »

Sidewinderwa wrote:Great pictures, thanks for sharing. What were you shooting that caused the huge exit holes? Are there many foxes there? What are some of your other favorite targets of opportunity? Do you have lots of rabbits?

It is prime coyote pelt time in my neighborhood. We have a few foxes and bobcats, they are on my bucket list for this winter. Ground squirrels and prairie dogs are on the menu in the spring and summer.

Welcome bigfellascott. Pull up a chair and join the love of shooting with all the trigger pullers here? Keep them pictures coming! :morons:
Cheers mate, the big holes are from the 22.250 shooting a 55gn Sierra Super Roo projectile (Sierra Game King) they call em Super Roos over here as they come in 1000 pks for the pro roo shooters, some of the others are from the Sierra 39gn Bkings.

Yeah plenty of splattered rabbits too, will post those up soon. It sounds like you have some interesting things to shoot too, those prairie dogs look like a lot of fun to shoot (similar to our rabbits I guess)

Thanks again for the warm welcome, much appreciated.