New to site

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the .204 Ruger.
mudgie
.204 Ruger Guns: Kimber Pro Hunter.Ruger mk II varmint

New to site

Post by mudgie »

Greetings everyone,

Mudgie from Wanganui New Zealand. I currently own two .204s, A Kimber 84m pro varmint, Ruger m77 Mark11 Both in stainless with laminated stocks.
What I am trying to do is apply some of the reloading techniques, and gear that you guys are using with your .204s
To date the kimber has accounted for a heap of rabbits and two fellow dear with devastating results.
Some photos of the kit.

This is a great site, and it is full of lots of helpful tips, photos as well as friendly people to boot.

Many thanks & tight groups,

Mudgie
Sidewinderwa
.204 Ruger Guns: Savages

Re: New to site

Post by Sidewinderwa »

Welcome Mudgie to a great place to exchange information and chat with other gun nutz. :loco: I am looking forward to your posts and especially pictures of New Zealand country side. It looks like you are well prepared to get some good shooting in. What varmints and game do you normally hunt in New Zealand besides rabbits?
Please, no Sidewinder today!
Joe O
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage LRPV,Ruger K1V,G2 Contender

Post by Joe O »

Welcome mudgie.Nice rigs.I especially like the gun guard you have there.What bullet do you use for Fallow deer?You may want to try the Berger for less meat damage ,than the balistic tip varmint bullets.
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Nice rig!! Good looking partner you got there too. Welcome to the Forums. :wink:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Post by Ray P »

mudgie..........Welcome to the site. Congrads on some fine looking rifles. Your companion looks like he or (she) is happy to get out with you. There's a great bunch here with a lot of helpful information.So just ask away.
Thanks for joining!!
Later
Ray P
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

Welcome! Looks like you've got a great start on this .204 thing we all love. Nice looking dog too! Gary
darchell
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 Varmint VLP

Post by darchell »

Welcome and good hunting. you always know when your on a a hunting site. You had as many comments on your pooch as your guns. Gotta love it. I have a lab just like him. Good looking dog.
JLJ223
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12VLP

Post by JLJ223 »

Pretty new here myself. You have really nice looking guns and a even better looking partner there. Welcome
Ryan S Albright
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger 204 Ultra Light, Ruger 204 Standard, Ruger Target Gray

Post by Ryan S Albright »

Try some pole cat shooting sticks they will allow you to get the long shots off while setting up higher. I shot squirrels from the short bypods for years off the ground but it finely got to my neck so I got a light stool and the shooting sticks allows you to sit up and get a better view. Check tt35s rig out on the Preditor and Varmint thread. They are a nice addition and are not to costly. You have a nice set up now with a heavy and a light rifle I can't see a much more a guy would need. Thanks for sharing.