Happy Father's Day

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the .204 Ruger.
darchell
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 Varmint VLP

Happy Father's Day

Post by darchell »

Hello all, been a while since I have been on. Been away from the computer for a while. Had a decent day out for hogs. Only had a couple hours but had a good day all in all. We got out on Tuesday this week and saw 5, killed 4. Turns out if you kill one at over 400 yards you need to adjust your scope back before shooting at one at 130 yards.... :wall: who knew...... That was my Pop not me but heck, he is 71 years old. Hope I am on the correct side of the grass when I am 71 let alone still out hunting with my boys. Still my best huntin buddy; Happy Fathers Day Pop.. Happy Fathers Day to All. Memories are sometimes the best gifts.

GTOHunter
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Re: Happy Father's Day

Post by GTOHunter »

Great Picture Darchell,those are some nice looking Rifles...what Calibers are they? :duh:

Oh yeah..."Happy Fathers Day" back to all us Dad's out there too! ;)
darchell
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 Varmint VLP

Post by darchell »

Both are Savage VLP's in 204 Ruger. The critters in front are Jersey Ground Hogs. We growem big over here. Our deer are small our ground hogs are big.. go figure.
NESHOOTER
.204 Ruger Guns: SAVAGE 12 VLP/DBM 26'' LAM-STK/FLTD SS BLL/

Post by NESHOOTER »

Cool.
Semper Fi
sharptailhunter
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12FV

Post by sharptailhunter »

That looks like a great time! Man those things are huge!!! I'm with you, I hope that when my boys are older, they'll still think to invite their old man to hang out with em. Almost everything fun I do, shooting/hunting included, my father introduced me to.