Shooting table....

Experiences and effectiveness in hunting with the .204 Ruger.
Keith in Ga

Shooting table....

Post by Keith in Ga »

ready for our trip to South Dakota. I'm not fortunate enough to have one of Rick's shooting tables, so had to improvise. We're driving this year, and with limited space, I had to "make do" with this table I made. Legs are folding saw horse legs, with my top, and seems to work o.k. with my limited testing at the range. We're sitting on 10 days till we launch on our road trip to South Dakota. My Cooper 20 VT is ready for it's first voyage into the fields, backed up by my two Cooper .204's (veterans of several trips). Wish us luck!
ImageImage
hemiallen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 204r, 20vt one Sako-one Cooper, 17FB 17HH, 17JAVALENA

Re: Shooting table....

Post by hemiallen »

Nice table.

I notice you found a low chair, I need to cut a few inches off the legs on my std folding steel chair as I had neck issues after the first day shooting.

I like this design, allows a pretty easy swing radius side to side if you set the butt close to the back of the rest, so you are sitting behind it vs in the notched area like on yours. I just need enough width at the back for my elbow support. This setup allows you to cover more area w/o having to move the table often. I do have one of the Sportsmans warehouse swivel one and am thinking of replacing the mesh top with a smaller slab of wood, similar to Rick's bench. Problem with it is dang thing is heavy and slow to set up, these tables are quick and light.

I see my son set the front rest in the narrow part, those wings are to get more side to side range....kids, I may need to shorten the back for him, or just shoot faster to take his targtes..lol

We did a few "doubles" and it's pretty cool to see one coming apart just as you start to squeeze... and him saying " I beat you to it". No more calling out " one to your right", I'll just thump it first...lol

Good luck on your trip

Allen
tt35
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Predator, Cooper M21, WOA AR, DPMS AR, custom AR

Post by tt35 »

Enjoy your trip, Keith! Hoping to get some pd's in after our sagerats are down for the year.

Tim Titus
No Off Season
www.no-off-season.com
"No cowds, no limits, no seasons...no bad days."
Tim Titus
No Off Season
www.no-off-season.com
"No crowds, no limits, no seasons...no bad days."

Sure God's a hunter, he clothed Adam and Eve with skins and told Peter to "kill and eat", didn't He?
bkhartman
.204 Ruger Guns: none yet

Post by bkhartman »

Hello, you buy that table or build it. I realy like that one.
Have a good one Brian
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Mine is home made as well. I opted for a slightly different leg setup. I went with the 3 legged table. I just use a bucket with a swivel seat on it. Prolly wouldn't be very comfy for a long day out West but the bucket can be replaces with a chair. It is stable & doesn't wobble.

Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Keith in Ga

Post by Keith in Ga »

I found the plans on a video. I think "Clemdog" shooting table is where you can find the video. The legs are "rugged buddy" folding sawhorse legs (mine are 34"). I ordered mine thru Amazon, but there are a lot of vendors when you search for them. I'm not very handy with tools, but the table is relatively easy to build. The table is stable, and fairly light weight, so I hope it works well in the field.
ImageImage
wirelessguy2005
.204 Ruger Guns: Custom 20 SCC, Savage LRPV 20 Nitro , Howa 1500 204 Ruger

Post by wirelessguy2005 »

Keith,

The table you built looks good. I actually watched the video you are referring to and was seriously thinking about building the same table. Shortly after that i stumbled onto the Big Game Swivel Action Shooting Bench and decided to go that way. I found one for $145 shipped and it was too good of a deal to pass up especially considering that it has the swivel feature.
Bodei
.204 Ruger Guns: Howa Mod 1500 24" BBL .204R; Cooper M21 20 VT; CZ 527 17HH

Post by Bodei »

I like the $150 big game table except that it doesnt easily allow use of a front rest, rear bag configuration. The table top is too short. Its a good swivel seat though for the money. I recently forked out for the deluxe wood top Caldwell and it is definitely the best. Very heavy though. Heavier than the Big Game, but steadier too.
K = ½mv2