20 VarTarg Questions?

Talk about or share information about your Ruger centerfire rifles.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: 20 VarTarg Questions?

Post by Rick in Oregon »

GTOHunter wrote:I was drooling over that Cooper .20 VarTarg....some day I'll get a little Richer and drop some serious coin on such a wonderful Rifle? :D :cry:
GTO: Don't dispair bud.....one of my Coopers, a M21 VR in 223 was found on a local "used rack" in town locally. I took her home for a paltry $700, ckecked the bedding (which was perfect), cleaned her up, scoped her, installed a Jard 10 oz. trigger and took her out for our annual Rat Rodeo in N. CA. Let's just say the rats did not appreciate this rifle one bit. :lol:

Here's a target I shot with it on Day One to confirm zero after travel to the Rat Patch:

Prowl the pawn shops locally and on line, watch the forums and one will turn up eventually. Last month in a local pawn shop I found a pristine CZ 527 Amercian in 221FB in the box w/all papers, rings and Redding dies for $550......deals are out there, be patient and eventually the "Gun Gods" will smile upon you. :wink:

(But again, a 20VT would be ideally suited for exactly what you want to do. :D )
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

GTOHunter
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Post by GTOHunter »

Oh man....thats one sweet Rifle You got there Rick. :shock: :shock:

You don't see many Rifles like that here in Missouri,just not that many Bench or Long Range Shooters to be had around here and most of the local Pawn Shops or even Gun Shows want as much for a nice Used Gun as a brand new one so I'm checking out prices at a few places and I got a Buddy looking around for me also so I may get lucky? :chin:

I got a Friend thats does a lot of dealings with Fund Rasiers and NRA Banquets.....just I need to try and bribe him out of the brand new/in Box Browning A-Bolt Hunter .204 from a Shot Show about 6-8 years ago he aquired,that would make me Happy and Satisfied and I would have a lighter .204 to pack out Coyote Hunting! :wink:
Mike
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper, RRA

Post by Mike »

As usual, Rick's insight is spot-on. I've come across a few phenomenal deals on rifles, but I've turned over a whole lot of rocks to find them. The keys, in my opinion, are patience and persistence with a bit of luck sprinkled in. If you're always keeping an eye out for deals, you'll eventually find them. It helps if you enjoy the pursuit, too. ;)