220 swift owners

Talk about or share information about your Ruger centerfire rifles.
savageboy23
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700 sps varmint

Re: 220 swift owners

Post by savageboy23 »

Valar wrote:Savage, you mentioned nikon. I have had excellent results with them. I just picked up a Nikon Buckmaster 6-18x40 on midway. Mill dot recticle and side focus. four inch sun shade and target turrets included. 275.00 marked down 120.00 I beleive. I havent had a chance to zero due to crappy weather, but seems nice. Optic is extreamly clear I wish it was 50 mm. The only thing I see that I like about my Leupold vx3 is it is 50 mm and a bit finer of across hair. I like a fine cross hair for punchin paper! Any how, I thought you might want to have a look? Sorry i veared of subject on you all my mind is constantly wandering!
I have 2 Monarchs and 2 Pro staff. No experience with the Buckmaster. Some say the glass isn't clear enough. I haven't had 1 problem. I also just picked up a Redfield Revenge scope and they are very clear for the price range. Decisions decisions.
Remington 700 sps varmit with Leupold vx-3 6.5-20 adj objective HS Precision stock and timney trigger
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS, Cooper Model 21, Remington 40x

Post by Jim White »

savageboy23 wrote:
Valar wrote:
- I have 2 Monarchs and 2 Pro staff. No experience with the Buckmaster. Some say the glass isn't clear enough. I haven't had 1 problem.
- I've had two Monarchs, 6.5-20x44-AO and I really liked it. Unfortunately, it threw a reticle which Nikon replaced free of charge with a 6-24x45-SF, which I liked very well up to about 18 power. Beyond that it got a little hazy.fuzzy/smokey... I would use one on a rifle where I didn't need the upper end magnification (larger game) and feel good about it.

- I have a 4-14x40-AO older style buckmaster on my 17 HMR and I reall like it over the current model.

- My older son's 17-HMR has a Nikon Pro-staff 2.5-10x50 and it works very well for that application.
savageboy23
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700 sps varmint

Post by savageboy23 »

Finally got a scope and decent stock on it. Took her to the range yesterday. Very impressed with it real shooter. I forgot to snap a few photos of the groups. Only put 10 rounds down the tube.

Went with a Leupold VX-3 4.5-14x40 with varminter hunter reticle in a silver finish and got a hs precision varmint stock in the black with gray web.

Remington 700 sps varmit with Leupold vx-3 6.5-20 adj objective HS Precision stock and timney trigger