richards microfit gunstocks

Talk about or share information about your Ruger centerfire rifles.
204monster
.204 Ruger Guns: Ruger VTSS and a Savage BCTSS

richards microfit gunstocks

Post by 204monster »

hello to all from australia,this is my first time posting here as i just joined up, hoping that one of you out there may be able to help.
i have been looking at the laminated stocks from Richards , i tried to email from over here but the message bounced back, i have read other posts and there seems a lot of complaints about this supplier
i was hoping one of you have the email address that maybe current? the advertised one does not respond from my end..
i tried ringing too, didnt get through... seems like a regular problem there..
alternatively., can you point me towards another supplier with the same /or similar stock designs and price
i have a savage model 12BCTSS in 204,
would greatly appreciate your input., thankyou in advance, Geoff from australia
dsandfort
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 BTCSS

Re: richards microfit gunstocks

Post by dsandfort »

Geoff, so far i've had good luck with them. I e-mailed a question to Sales@Rifle-Stocks.com and they responded within a couple of weeks. I called and got a voice message saying they were extremely busy. They answered on the second call and took my order. Hopefully, this will turn in to a good experience.
Best of luck.
Del
204monster

Post by 204monster »

dsandfort wrote:Geoff, so far i've had good luck with them. I e-mailed a question to Sales@Rifle-Stocks.com and they responded within a couple of weeks. I called and got a voice message saying they were extremely busy. They answered on the second call and took my order. Hopefully, this will turn in to a good experience.
Best of luck.
Del
thanks for that., i'll keep trying, clearly they are very popular
Nor Cal Mikie
.204 Ruger Guns: None. Had a 16" barreled rear grip SP that was WAY too wild.

Post by Nor Cal Mikie »

Richard's Micro Fit isn't known for answering email in any hurry. Like Del mentioned, it could take a couple of weeks to get an answer.
What I do is send them an order "by mail" with the info for the stock I want, credit card number and wait. So far I've ordered and recieved at least 6+ stocks. I make it a point not to be in any hurry. Order it up and be surprised when it shows up. Can take up to 3 months to get. And the fact that you're in OZ, could take longer. (better order 2 while you're at it) ;)
Be prepared to do some work to get the fit and finish that you're after. Any work you do to the stock will make it "yours".
As far as the style selections and colors available, for the price, they can't be beat. IMHO, one of the better deals out there, Mike.
Mike
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper, RRA

Post by Mike »

My experience mirrors those who have posted before me. With a bit of persistence, you should be able to get someone on the phone. I called a few times before finally getting through, but once that happened it was smooth sailing for me. They usually have some inventory on hand, so you might ask about that before placing your order. I got lucky and got the exact stock I wanted without any wait times because there happened to be one available.
204monster

Post by 204monster »

Nor Cal Mikie wrote:Richard's Micro Fit isn't known for answering email in any hurry. Like Del mentioned, it could take a couple of weeks to get an answer.
What I do is send them an order "by mail" with the info for the stock I want, credit card number and wait. So far I've ordered and recieved at least 6+ stocks. I make it a point not to be in any hurry. Order it up and be surprised when it shows up. Can take up to 3 months to get. And the fact that you're in OZ, could take longer. (better order 2 while you're at it) ;)
Be prepared to do some work to get the fit and finish that you're after. Any work you do to the stock will make it "yours".
As far as the style selections and colors available, for the price, they can't be beat. IMHO, one of the better deals out there, Mike.
finally got some answers from Richards Microfit, because i'm in oz, i can only get the stock sent to me with no finishing,[ their policy], no problems with that ! will have a couple sent over., like you say persistence pays., thanks all