K-hornet with varmint grenades

Talk about or share information about your Ruger centerfire rifles.
bfishj
.204 Ruger Guns: cooper

K-hornet with varmint grenades

Post by bfishj »

Trying to get my hands on some hornet 30 gr varmint grenades to no avail...has anyone used the 36gr in the hornet?

Thanks
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: K-hornet with varmint grenades

Post by Rick in Oregon »

I've been using the Barnes 30gr Varmint Grenade in my 22 K-Hornet with Lil Gun since the bullet came out. It gives the Hornet a bonaroo new personality, with much flatter trajectory and spectacular terminal effects right up there with my 20VT or 204 inside of 200 yards. Velocity runs right at 3,300 fps out of the K case.

Here's the 30gr VG in a standard Hornet case alongside the 204 Ruger and a K-Hornet loaded with a 45gr Nosler Hornet Solid Base:

Another thing I'll mention, is that in the Hornet case, the Rem 6-1/2 primer is THE primer to use, designed for the Hornet case.

As for terminal performance, this rock chuck was shot at just over 200 yards with my Browning Low Wall 22 K-Hornet with the 30gr VG.....you can see that this bullet does indeed cause severe dental and/or brain damage if used properly. :wink:

This bullet will give your K-Hornet a real boost in the performance department, and put a smile on your face at the same time. :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Grendel
.204 Ruger Guns: AR with Shilen 24" barrel

Post by Grendel »

Talk about jaw dropping........................ :lol:
204 AR W/24" Shilen barrel, Timney trigger, Todd Jerrett extended handguard, Leupold VX-2 6X18X40 Adj. Obj. Target Knobs
bazz
.204 Ruger Guns: tikka

Post by bazz »

thats a beautiful rifle there rick cheers bazz