Where Are The 17 Hornet Rifles ?

Talk about or share information about your Ruger centerfire rifles.
soother223
.204 Ruger Guns: none

Re: Where Are The 17 Hornet Rifles ?

Post by soother223 »

have had a 17h for about a year now..(savage) bought it s/h with a shortened barrel, really cheap! thought it would see me through until i got my hands on a cz or something... anyway... ammo is expensive over here (£25 per box) so decided to load up for it, within a single afternoon i had it on the money! 1/4" groups!! extreamly pleased with it :D it's as ugly as sin and a bit clunky but boy does it shoot!! love the round!
chuckhunter2
.204 Ruger Guns: T/C Encore, Cooper Varmint

Re: Where Are The 17 Hornet Rifles ?

Post by chuckhunter2 »

I had the same problem. Went west last year. I hoped to find a .17 CZ rifle on the way. I stopped at numerous gun shops but found none. I did find Hornady dies and several boxes of factory loads. I returned home and my son told me to stop by at a small gun shop in a barn about 15 miles away just to look around. They had both a Varmint and American in 17 Hornet. I bought the Varmint and two boxes of factory loads. I did find Savages and Rugers at a gun distributor (Grice's) in PA on the way home from the west. Good luck with your search. By the way the Varmint was $625 and the American was $640. They even gave me rings with the Varmint. That was almost a year ago. The American was on the shelf for almost a year but during my last trip I saw that it was sold.
Tom