The old dog guarding the new cooper

Talk about or share information about your Ruger centerfire rifles.
fishnbob
.204 Ruger Guns: T/C venture predator

The old dog guarding the new cooper

Post by fishnbob »

fishnbob

Re: The old dog guarding the new cooper

Post by fishnbob »

Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

Thanks for sharing.. Congrats on the new Cooper. Bill K :)
RAMOS
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FLV, Cooper M21

Post by RAMOS »

Looks like you got yourself a fine companion there. And, a Cooper with some seriously nice wood! What cartridge is she chambered for?
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Lookin' goooood there, Bob!

Nuthin' like an old hound guarding a new Cooper. If I laid any of my rifles on the floor, they'd be covered with drool from my Basset Hounds! :eek:

Once you get that little 20VT scoped and runnin', be sure to let us know how she shoots. :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

fishnbob

Post by fishnbob »

Thanks for the comments guys. Its a model 38 with aa+ walnut chambered in 20vt. Thanks to one of the forum members finding it for me.
The old dog is a rescue I picked up almost 13 years ago. She cant hunt much anymore and the snow is so deep right now I have to carry her out to use the bathroom. Her legs are gettin bad but hope I can keep her around a few more years.
RAMOS
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FLV, Cooper M21

Post by RAMOS »

Well, make sure you enjoy and appreciate them both for as long as you can.
fishnbob

Post by fishnbob »

I got her out in the cold snow and gave her a go. My first go at forming brass from lake city. I loaded 8 rounds with 32 vmax with 17r of h4198 for sight in and fouling shots and to check for pressure signs. I fired five for sight in and cleaned the barrel. I then shot 2 fouling shots and moved to 17.5gr of powder for my first group. My first 3 shots measured .115. I had 3 more rounds loaded at 18gr powder but was getting cold and was so happy with 17.5gr I cleaned up and went home.
Im gona head to the reloading bench and make up a bunch more brass so I can try groups with 5 and 10 shots and give her a workout after I finish barrel break in.
This is my first cooper and I am amazed and extremely excited.
I want to shout out a thanks to RIO for all the advice on dies powder and forming. I wouldnt have been able to do it without him.
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by Captqc »

fishnbob wrote:Image
I got her out in the cold snow and gave her a go. My first go at forming brass from lake city. I loaded 8 rounds with 32 vmax with 17r of h4198 for sight in and fouling shots and to check for pressure signs. I fired five for sight in and cleaned the barrel. I then shot 2 fouling shots and moved to 17.5gr of powder for my first group. My first 3 shots measured .115. I had 3 more rounds loaded at 18gr powder but was getting cold and was so happy with 17.5gr I cleaned up and went home.
Im gona head to the reloading bench and make up a bunch more brass so I can try groups with 5 and 10 shots and give her a workout after I finish barrel break in.
This is my first cooper and I am amazed and extremely excited.
I want to shout out a thanks to RIO for all the advice on dies powder and forming. I wouldnt have been able to do it without him.
Nice! Aren't Cooper's the bomb! Rick is a bad influence on lots of people!!!! He has cost me thousands!!!!! :eek: I love him like a brother!!!!!! :lol: Gary