Cooper curse

Talk about or share information about your Ruger centerfire rifles.
TrapperDan
.204 Ruger Guns: remington 700 204,cz 527 american 204

Re: Cooper curse

Post by TrapperDan »

" The secret is " :lol:

I’m not sure I buy that story Rick. Judging from the above picture, I think it’s more like buy all your rifles that look the same and she won’t notice the difference when you add one. My wife is a good example of that . She buys all “black” horses thinking I won’t notice a new one in the herd.

Congratulations on your new acquisition SavageBoy .I am green with envy :mrgreen:
Wolves . ISIS of the animal world
savageboy23
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700 sps varmint

Post by savageboy23 »

Rick in Oregon wrote:
fishnbob wrote:My wife says the same thing. We need to figure out RIOs secret or have his wife talk to our wives so she can set them straight :D
Well Bob, the 'secret' is that when we first got together, I sat her down, told her "I'm a rifle loony and there's no cure", told her there would always be guns coming and going, I'll be out in the outback alot and I spend 'man-time' in the garage and gun room. I think as long as you're up front with them from the get-go, and they still want you around after they know what you're about, well then it's a win-win situation. So far, it's worked for 32 years. Failure to follow the procedure usually results in hearing the dreaded "why do you need another gun?" sentence. Then you must adhere to the ten ways to sneak guns into the house covertly. (But that's another story altogether! :wink: )
What are the 10 ways? I may need to know this in the future :idea:.
Remington 700 sps varmit with Leupold vx-3 6.5-20 adj objective HS Precision stock and timney trigger
TEXAS222
.204 Ruger Guns: custom build AR 15-Rem 700 .204 VARMINT- .204 Kimber Pro Var

Post by TEXAS222 »

Advice from probably your elder, for every 3 or so guns/scopes, send some flowers, jewelry, perfume, or something. Has worked for me so long that the last 15 years she doesn't even pay attention anymore to my gun buying. Last month I bought 3 rifles and did hear a little moaning. So, I bought her a 1300.00 Ragdoll kitten, now she loves the cat, me, & the guns. Congrats on your swift, I have 4 swifts and love every one. They seem to love IMR 4064. Have fun & enjoy. JD Southeast Texas
savageboy23

Post by savageboy23 »

I'm in love with the wood stick on this rifle. But let's say a guy wants a synthetic stock would I be able to get the "phoenix" style stock from Cooper?
Remington 700 sps varmit with Leupold vx-3 6.5-20 adj objective HS Precision stock and timney trigger
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

savageboy23 wrote:I'm in love with the wood stick on this rifle. But let's say a guy wants a synthetic stock would I be able to get the "phoenix" style stock from Cooper?
The short answer: "Yes"

You can find out for yourself here: 406.777.0373 or email them at:

info@CooperFirearms.com

Like most things, it's only money...... ;)
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

dsandfort
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12 BTCSS

Post by dsandfort »

My "trick" was to get my wife shooting. She loves it, and she's deadly. Now I can pick up a Cooper now and then for her. I just snagged a nice 17 Mach IV and will tell her it's a baby VarTarg. She loves "her" VarTarg and now it will have a sibling to keep it company.

savageboy23

Post by savageboy23 »

Before RIO starts flashing the gunny photo at me I better post some photos of my scoped Cooper.

Found a guy selling a new leupold 4.5-14x 40mm with the VH reticle and it was the AO model all for $575 I think I got a good deal.
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

You rifle looks good and I would say you did alright on the scope. Bill K :)