Jewell trigger in Cooper rifles

Talk about or share information about your Ruger centerfire rifles.
TEXAS222
.204 Ruger Guns: custom build AR 15-Rem 700 .204 VARMINT- .204 Kimber Pro Var

Jewell trigger in Cooper rifles

Post by TEXAS222 »

Hello. I didn't know where to put this topic so if it's in the wrong place please move it. I was looking at the Cooper website under "new for 2016" and was reading about the Back Country rifles with a 92 action & a Jewell trigger. Does anyone know about this action and will a Jewell that fits in this rifle fit in the older original Cooper's? Wonder if Jewell will start making triggers again for all Coopers. Just interested & curious. Thanks,
Jim D :?:
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Jewell trigger in Cooper rifles

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Jim,
At one time Arnold Jewell made triggers for Cooper rifles, but he and Dan Cooper had some kind of falling out, and he swore he'd never ever offer his triggers again for Cooper rifles. I have not heard a peep about this changing, so assume the rift still stands and no Jewell triggers will be offered for Cooper rifles in the future.

Jard triggers are the only decent aftermarket offering for a Cooper rifle. All mine wear Jard's, all are 10 oz. triggers for bench work. I'd suggest a higher weight of pull for a carry/field rifle.

Sorry, do not know anything of the M92 action.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

TEXAS222
.204 Ruger Guns: custom build AR 15-Rem 700 .204 VARMINT- .204 Kimber Pro Var

Post by TEXAS222 »

Hi Rick. I don't know anything about the 92 either but on the Cooper website, they say the Back Country's come with a Jewell trigger. That's what made me wonder. Thanks,
Jim D :shrug:
KetelOne
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Predator

Post by KetelOne »

I have 3 Coopers and I would have to say that if there is an option for a Jewell trigger, go for it. My Jackson Game rifle (25-06) had to be sent back for an extraction issue and an inconsistent trigger (varied 8 to 10 oz.). I also have a Phoenix (6.5 X 47L) and a Custom classic (.243). The former has trigger inconsistencies as well, but not as much as the JGR and really not worth sending back. That said, I am still happy with all 3 of them as shooters and they are quite beautiful.