Ordered a new .204 -

Talk about or share information about your Ruger centerfire rifles.
Tom Kat
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527, Ruger American Predator in Magpul Hunter stock

Ordered a new .204 -

Post by Tom Kat »

I pulled the trigger (pun intended!) on a Ruger American Predator in .204 Need less to say it was not in stock...

Thinking I will get a MagPul Hunter stock for it, AND a quality carry sling and bi pods. I am open to any suggestions-
"The difficulty lies not so much in developing new ideas as in escaping from old ones."

John Maynard Keynes
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Ordered a new .204 -

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Hey there Tom, congratulations on the new rifle.

It's a Ruger, so it'll need proper glass bedding, depending on what you'll use it for, possibly an aftermarket trigger and of course a quality scope of your choosing. For a bipod, I've used Harris since 1970 with no regrets, still have four or five. I'd also probably lap that factory barrel with JB prior to getting started too. With Ruger, a good barrel is a crap shoot as most know, you may luck out, and you may need some time to smooth out a questionable one.

It matters nothing, but my most accurate Ruger is my old No.1V in 223 shooting Nosler 40gr BT's over H335. It shoots in the .3's all day, every day and is the only rifle I've owned in my entire lifetime that has ever gone 100 for 100 kills on ground squirrels in one sitting. And I shoot beaucoup squirrels every year. Being a Ruger, I lapped the barrel, polished the chamber, glass-bedded the stock and action, glassed/floated the barrel and the hanger then installed a Canjar single set trigger for a 2 oz. let-off as this rifle is a bench rifle only. The squirrels hate it.

A look downrange on an early season shoot a few years ago while shooting the Ruger.

Keep us posted on the rifle and what you do to her once she's in-house. A new rifle or any new gun is always cause for excitement and anticipation as we all know. Hope she's everything you expect. :)
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

jpx2rk
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12FV, R783/20P combo

Post by jpx2rk »

Congrats on the addition to the family.

I recently purchased a new to me 204R as well, Savage LPV action with a Shilen barrell, threaded for a brake/suppressor of my choice in the bedded Savage stock. I'm waiting on rings to arrive so I can mount a scope, and load some ammo to see how it does. Previous owner provided load data, but I'm probably using different brass than him, so I've got a good starting point anyways.
Master Piddler ;)
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

101_0530.JPG
101_0530.JPG (1.26 MiB) Viewed 14270 times
Well kind of order a new one. Bought a new take off CZ 537 barrel from a member a few weeks back. Had my smith slip it onto this CZ527 action, so now I have to sight it in and will have another nice walk around 204 R for the critters. :)