Confession

Talk about or share information about your Ruger centerfire rifles.
Pmoper
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FV

Confession

Post by Pmoper »

I have a confession to make......I Love the .204 Ruger cartridge....I think it is the best one to come along in a very long time....Now the sad part...Some may remember a few years back...there was a special (might have been 60 minutes) where it showed a worker in Ruger's factory that was fired for taking a quarter off another workers desk for the cup of coffee he was going to get...This was not a shirker or a borderling employee but a seasoned one with no history of problems....Well, to this day I will NOT buy a Ruger Firearm because of this. I visit this site and felt a bit guilty so I thought I would throw it out there. Still like the site and all the information shared in experiences with the .204 .......any other input....? .... Paul
K22

Re: Confession

Post by K22 »

I see your point and I even understand it. If you are saying you will not own a 204R in any make because Ruger developed the cartridge, just remember that Hornady had a huge part in its development also. Maybe you can just shoot Hornady's 204's. :chin:

There is not a lot of integrity or accountability in the world anymore. The good news is, I think that'll change this year. :D
Pmoper
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FV

Post by Pmoper »

its not the cartridge its Ruger Firearms........I will shoot it in any make other than Ruger......just their rifles....sounds weird...but one has to have values and standards
terrace
.204 Ruger Guns: MK II TARGET SS LAMINATE,COOPER PHOENIX

Post by terrace »

so its OK to steal but not OK to be fired for it ?
trappinjohn
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527

Post by trappinjohn »

Pmoper wrote:its not the cartridge its Ruger Firearms........I will shoot it in any make other than Ruger......just their rifles....sounds weird...but one has to have values and standards
Yep, values and standards. All I know about this is what you posted, but stealing is stealing. Good reason to buy a Ruger in my opinion, sounds like they have standards. If he got away with the quarter today, what would he steal tomorrow? Like I said, maybe there is more to the story...
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Todd Kindler got the whole 204R offering going a long time ago with his .223 brass necked down to .204. It is the Tac20. Now I'm not knocking Ruger or Hornady here at all. I'm just giving credit where it's due in this thread. Hornady & Ruger neither one even offered Todd a penny for his thoughts. Now we have the 17 Fireball & the 17 Hornady Hornet. Were the original creators of those rounds consulted either?? I doubt it BUT I don't know. I'm all for legitmizing wildcats but I also feel the creators of them should benefit somehow for popularizing them to the point of legitimization. So where are the ethics in this thread? I don't know. I do think Ruger firing that employee it was the right thing to do. Especially if that particular employees past history was taken into consideration. Which of course we don't know that either. BUT then again look at what the company has done to others as well. At this rate we would all build our own rifles if business ethics were that important to us.
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

If Ruger fired a employee. I would bet money it was for more than just picking up a quarter, off someone else's desk, for a cup of coffee. I would like to know the full story and the whole truth to the matter, before I started boycotting a company and/or putting them down. I would just bet the employee had a lot more going on than just a $.25 cent piece. Just a thought. Bill K :?:
Mike
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper, RRA

Post by Mike »

Bill K wrote:If Ruger fired a employee. I would bet money it was for more than just picking up a quarter, off someone else's desk, for a cup of coffee. I would like to know the full story and the whole truth to the matter, before I started boycotting a company and/or putting them down. I would just bet the employee had a lot more going on than just a $.25 cent piece. Just a thought. Bill K :?:
Now Bill, when have you ever known the media to slant a story? :duh:
Bill K
.204 Ruger Guns: also now, a Savage switch bull barrel in 204R. 23 inch SS

Post by Bill K »

Mike, I forgot about that and yes they never do such. Especially when it comes to a topic i.e. Obama :eek: Bill K :lol:
Mike
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper, RRA

Post by Mike »

Unbiased journalism at its finest. Yes sir.

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:
RowdyYates
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington LVSF, Cooper M21V, C-Z 527 Kevlar V

Post by RowdyYates »

Pmoper, thanks for the heads-up; things like that stick in my craw, too and I'll check into it. I don't buy Ruger rifles anyway because of debacles like their 2-piece bolts and Mini-14's, etc.
After 45 years working on both sides of labor and management, union and non-union, public and private, I am absolutely sure the rights and the future of the American worker is in greater jeopardy than ever before...
Wrangler John
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Precision Target/Shilen Custom

Post by Wrangler John »

Pmoper wrote:I have a confession to make......I Love the .204 Ruger cartridge....I think it is the best one to come along in a very long time....Now the sad part...Some may remember a few years back...there was a special (might have been 60 minutes) where it showed a worker in Ruger's factory that was fired for taking a quarter off another workers desk for the cup of coffee he was going to get...This was not a shirker or a borderling employee but a seasoned one with no history of problems....Well, to this day I will NOT buy a Ruger Firearm because of this. I visit this site and felt a bit guilty so I thought I would throw it out there. Still like the site and all the information shared in experiences with the .204 .......any other input....? .... Paul
Time to reassess your position. One of the worse personnel problems is the employee with sticky fingers. Especially those who go through other employee's personal things looking for booty. The ones who secretly snoop through desks and workstations, and even visit the lunch room refrigerator to steal tasty items. I was a victim of these scurrilous types on many occasions, loosing a sandwich from a bag lunch in some cases, or even an entire case of microwave popcorn. I had to lock my inner office to prevent thefts. One employee was so dependable in lifting lunches, that the staff who found him eating their stuff would go to the nearby store and order a deli sandwich and charge it to his tab. He eventually lost his credit privilege at the store before he was forced to retire. These folks can't be trusted around cash registers. They also seem to have a compulsion to steal toilet paper rolls, paper towels and light bulbs, coffee packets, just about anything. They are fired immediately.

My suggestion would be to judge Ruger on their products alone.
huntsman22
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger 77VT and ruger mkII Ultralite

Post by huntsman22 »

Some azzhat robbed my bank once. I think maybe I should go all 'ban' on 'em for letting it happen......
evansvlp
.204 Ruger Guns: savage 12 vlp

Post by evansvlp »

Bill K wrote:If Ruger fired a employee. I would bet money it was for more than just picking up a quarter, off someone else's desk, for a cup of coffee. I would like to know the full story and the whole truth to the matter, before I started boycotting a company and/or putting them down. I would just bet the employee had a lot more going on than just a $.25 cent piece. Just a thought. Bill K :?:

i like