Handgun for CC

Talk about or share information about Ruger handguns.
savageboy23
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem 700 sps varmint

Re: Handgun for CC

Post by savageboy23 »

I too am very fond of 1911 frames. Have a Taurus stainless in 9mm. Added Kimber rosewood grips and she's gorgeous. Next 1 will be a kimber, I'm also looking at a Remington R1.

My personal CCW is a Springfield Armory XDS in .45acp.

Just my 2 cents.
Remington 700 sps varmit with Leupold vx-3 6.5-20 adj objective HS Precision stock and timney trigger
Valar
.204 Ruger Guns: AR-15

Re: Handgun for CC

Post by Valar »

The right gun in my opinion is half the battle. The right holster and carry tactic gets expensive to find as well. I have carried my Kimber Custom full size 1911. For my taste it is a bit much to carry! I love the gun it is accurate and sweet. I have a walther PK 380 that I currently carry the most. In warm weather I am a shorts kinda guy and a small concealled carry pocket pistol is looking like a nice choice. I looked at the Berreta nano 9 but a 2 finger grip on a nine doesnt appeal to me. The sig p 238 I am impressed with but want to shoot one first! Ruger Lc9 looks interesting . I have read a awfull lot about glock reliability. I bought 5 holesters for my Walther before I found one I liked. I have 3 or 4 for my 1911. Galco inside the waste band is my favorite so far! With the right pants! Tactical pants are awsome with cc! I am going to buy more. I got a pair of Blackhawks for xmas and love them. There are a lot of combinations out there and it all boils down to #1 Practice often, at least once a week even if just with snap caps in a closed room. #2 Reliability. and 3 What is comfortable. It is proven greastest number of incidents the shot occurs inside 10 feet I beleive? Correct if I am wrong but at that range is a 45 neccasary. Dont get me wrong it is all personal preference and comfort zone! If comfortable you will carry more! I am in my first year with a permit. Learning all the time. When ya start buying holsters I recomend buying from places that offer a 30 day return policy! I have several holesters layin around I will most likley never use! With 30 day return you can try a few weeks and send back if not happy! Man I wish i would heve though of this a year ago! I love the more secure feeling carry offers! These are just my personal thought so far, no offense to anyone that prefers to carry full size. I love my Kimber Too!!