new Smith

Talk about or share information about Ruger handguns.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: new Smith

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Don, you're a very bad influence. I've been eyeballing those little 1911 22's for some time now.....don't "need" one, but hey, it's another one of those little guns that has a special allure, at least to me.

It's probably a good thing we don't live close to one another....our wives would most likely NOT approve. :lol: Congrats on the neat little pistol. You've got enough new stuff now to keep a guy occupied for at least a week! :eek:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

huntsman22
.204 Ruger Guns: ruger 77VT and ruger mkII Ultralite

Post by huntsman22 »

It'd be nicer if it had adjustable sights, long trigger, beavertail and combat hammer.
The trigger on mine needs some work, too.just over 6 lbs.. I sure like the double diamond wood grips, over the checkered plastic ones.

Took it for a walk this morning and killed the chit outta cow patties and fahrwood.....

Dang, it's a fun one.....And shoots great.
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS, Cooper Model 21, Remington 40x

Post by Jim White »

huntsman22 wrote:Jim, I just got it today, only run the 3 mags of fed bulk thru it so far. Operation was flawless.... It is a lot smaller than the SIG, but still has the last shot hold open. Sights are kinda tiny for my aging eyes and the trigger is 6 1/2 lbs. I'll give it a good workout tomorrow. Don
He reported it shot pretty good although it functions better w/high velocity ammo. Speaking of which, the shelves have been pretty bare of 22-LR the past few weeks. Some of my target ammo shot good but functioning was iffy.

Jim
huntsman22

Post by huntsman22 »

Hey, Rick.....Check out this craziness.....

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =327790487
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Great guano Batman!!....that's insane! :eek:

Same revolver alright, sure not the same price I paid for mine long ago. Maybe if I wait a couple more years, I can sell it and go on a south Pacific dive trip or hunt sheep in BC again. I've always wanted to dive the Jap wrecks in Truk Lagoon.

Prices have indeed gone nuts. I now see AR's and AK's in the local paper going for double what they did three months ago. It now appears that handguns, at least some of the collectable ones are headed up the inflation flagstaff too.

You jumped right on that one, right Don? :wink:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

huntsman22

Post by huntsman22 »

Jumped ?, right........
Nah, I passed....

One sold on there a couple days before, for $710. Never even bid on that one, either. Too rich for my blood. I did miss out on one this summer for $450.....
ozfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Post by ozfox »

Your guns must be cheap and easy to get you yanks seem to have a lot of fire power can you buy a gun in the local super market
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Post by futuretrades »

ozfox wrote:can you buy a gun in the local super market
Short answer is; YES, if they have them in stock, or can order one. All they need is someone with an FFL. I used to own an auto parts store. I had an FFL at the time and I did sell firearms, and some ammo thru my store. Right now, my gun, and reloading components supplier sells out of his garage. Don't know how long this will last tho, as we both live in the Republic of Kalifornia :eew:
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.