Thanks for the help....BUT......

Talk about or share information about Ruger handguns.
Pmoper
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Model 12 FV

Thanks for the help....BUT......

Post by Pmoper »

I wanted to say thanks for the help...With it I was able to score 1000 bullets for my 40S&W....Have another problem now.....found powder...NEED SMALL PISTOL PRIMERS.....Have had a few suggestions to go ahead and use small rifle primers or to use small Mag pistol primers....but would rather not take the chance......dangerous enough to reload without asking for trouble......Any and all comments or suggestions welcome....again, thanks.....Paul :wall:
futuretrades
.204 Ruger Guns: HOWA 1500 .204 Ruger Varmint, Bull Bbl, Lupy 6-18x40 custom

Re: Thanks for the help....BUT......

Post by futuretrades »

Although I have used small pistol magnum primers in my .38, with no apparant problems, I would not recommend it to anyone. The reason I did use mag primers in some of my 38 loads, I was using 2400 powder, which is a very dirty powder, and was getting some unburned powder. My thinking was to get a better powder burn, and possibly a cleaner burn. The results did not change anything. I was shooting these loads in a magnum frame S&W revolver at the time. As for small rifle primers in a small pistol, IMHO, I would not even try it! :eek:
NRA Benefactor Life member
HOWA 1500 Varmint 204 Ruger, Bull Barrel, Hogue Overmold Stock, Leupold VXII 6-18x40mm AO LRV Custom Reticle Timney Trigger
Cooper Mdl 21 20VarTargW/Leupold VXIII, 6-20x40AO Varmint Hunter reticle.
Pmoper

Post by Pmoper »

futuretrades wrote:Although I have used small pistol magnum primers in my .38, with no apparant problems, I would not recommend it to anyone. The reason I did use mag primers in some of my 38 loads, I was using 2400 powder, which is a very dirty powder, and was getting some unburned powder. My thinking was to get a better powder burn, and possibly a cleaner burn. The results did not change anything. I was shooting these loads in a magnum frame S&W revolver at the time. As for small rifle primers in a small pistol, IMHO, I would not even try it! :eek:
KInd of my thinking as well....Found a place down south that has them...Have to talk with the owner on Monday as his employee wasn't sure how to ship with Hazmat fee's....Keep fingers crossed...if it pans out I will post information.....don't want to tip my hat until I see if I can help #1 first....LOL Sorry but I am sure you all understand..... :chin:
Pmoper

Post by Pmoper »

Found small pistol primers....bit on the steep side but it's all I could find and I need them...Look at Brno shooters supply......
Jim White
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ-527, Remington 700 VLTHSS, Cooper Model 21, Remington 40x

Post by Jim White »

Pmoper wrote:Found small pistol primers....bit on the steep side but it's all I could find and I need them...Look at Brno shooters supply......
Bruno's has them but at $60-$70 a brick with a minimum order of 3000 that gets pretty spendy and then add hazmat, shipping and handling...

Good Luck,