No photos, but it DID happen...

Talk about or share information about Ruger handguns.
Keith in Ga

No photos, but it DID happen...

Post by Keith in Ga »

while on one of my turkey hunting trips. Been watching several "jakes" and hens moving up the pasture. After they moved out of sight, I was moving just inside the woodline and spotted a coyote across the pasture. He was out of shotgun range, but I managed to sit down while he was looking over his shoulder into the woods. I had my Kimber Super Carry and lined the sights up on him toward his chest. I pressed the trigger, and the Ranger 230 gr hp knocked him sideways. He ran/staggered up the pasture, right front leg "flopping" as he ran. He jumped up on a downed tree to try to cross it, he was about to fall off, but managed to jump down on the other side. I saw him run into the woods, and I decided to pace it off to see how far it was across the pasture. By my steps, it was about 75 yds for the shot. I picked up the blood trail at the downed tree, and the trail was easy to follow. I followed the trail 200-300 yds across the wooded hill side. There were several places about the size of a washtub, completely covered with blood. I finally lost the blood trail, couldn't believe he could go that far losing that much blood. In hindsight, I should have waited a while after the shot. I doubt seriously if he survived the 230 gr hp, but sure would have loved to have a photo.
ImageImage