Competitive Handgun Shooting

Talk about or share information about Ruger handguns.
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Competitive Handgun Shooting

Post by skipper »

Since I bought my Canik TP9SF I have had the urge to shoot competitively again. I used to shoot in intramural matches while on the rifle pistol teams at Parris Island and Beaufort Air Station. I think the pinnacle of handgun shooting is 25 meter Olympic style small caliber shooting. I am only competing with myself but want to explore the boundaries as I did 50 years ago. I have a target pistol, a Ruger 22/45 Lite, however I was thinking of a more competitive pistol such as a Volquartsen or Walther.
Volquartsen.jpg
Volquartsen.jpg (56.69 KiB) Viewed 72136 times
Walther.jpeg
Walther.jpeg (99.27 KiB) Viewed 72136 times
Anyone have experience in this area that wouldn't mind sharing some insight into a pistol to choose?
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Competitive Handgun Shooting

Post by Rick in Oregon »

skipper wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:29 amAnyone have experience in this area that wouldn't mind sharing some insight into a pistol to choose?
Sorry Skipper, I'm not qualified to comment. All my handgun experience has been military, self defense, hunting and varmint shooting. I do have target pistols such as the S&W M41 and Colt Woodsman Match Target, excellent high quality target pistols, but they're not in the category you seek.

But I wish you the best in terms of locating the competitive pistol of choice, and the eventual events that will ensue. Be sure to keep us abreast of both your choice, and your experience in the 'winners circle' later. ;)
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails