The perfect concealed carry...a dash of this...a pinch of th

Talk about or share information about Ruger handguns.
Cooper Varmint Man

The perfect concealed carry...a dash of this...a pinch of th

Post by Cooper Varmint Man »

After years of concealed carry and switching weapons/holsters/mag carriers/belts, I have reached concealed carry nivana.

My recipe:

Weapon: HK P2000SK (.357 Sig, V3 configuration). I am a firm believer in polymer now that I have conceal carried thru 5 Florida summers. This HK conceals well. I love .357 Sig as a self defense cartridge. I was weaned on a DA/SA platform and am most comfortable with it. The reliability? It's an HK........
Picture courtesy of Dr. Ken Lunde:

Holster: Matt Del Fatti ISP-SS (IWB). This is my first from Matt. It is black, right handed and made from hard rolled horsehide. It has a 1.5" padded, sharkskin slot and is set to a 15 degree rake. I will never give up my VMIIs but this is certainly less bulky without the VMII's double loop set-up. It feels tight to the body and is rock solid, especially since I lined up my jean's belt loop behind the slot and threaded the belt thru both. It was gift from a friend.

Mag Carrier: There is no compromise here. Milt Sparks makes my favorite mag carrier. This is a double carrier and is 2nd to none. It has the snap loops in the back for easy on/off if needed.

Belt: A black 1.5" Rafter S Gunleather sharkskin belt with a chrome buckle. You'll have to go a long ways to convince me that for $82 there is a better exotic skinned belt on the market.

Ammo: 125 gr Speer Gold dots.....enough said.

Sometimes you have to mix and match to arrive at a top quality carry platform.

I think this configuration will keep me happy (and safe) for years to come.

WHISTLEPIG

Post by WHISTLEPIG »

Nice rig. I have owned a lot of pistols. Shot at a high level of competition, and carry a SW Chief Special. I usually carry it in my pocket. I have never found a holster that I like. I have carried that little revolver for over 30 years and have had every intention of getting an aluminium one but have never done it. I thank the Good Lord that I have never HAD to take it out. My truck gun is a 16 round .40. I carry that in the field in a cross draw, my favorite competition holster next to a Snick strong side break front, which of course is not a carry holdster.
Rugerdogdog
.204 Ruger Guns: DPMS Panther Arms LR-204

Post by Rugerdogdog »

That is a nice pistol! Im with Whistlepig on holsters tho. I cannot find something I like for my ParaOrd Warthog .45. I love the gun but lefty choices IWB are few!

DPMS Panther Arms LR-204 24" Stainless Fluted Heavy Barrel

There is a place for all of Gods creatures...RIGHT NEXT TO THE POTATOES AND GRAVY.
faucettb

Post by faucettb »

What a great looking outfit. That leather is fantastic. Like Whistlepig I carry a small revolver in a pocket holster. Mine is a Taurus Ultra-light in 38 special in an Uncle Mikes nylon pocket holster.

I'm a heavy guy and wear suspenders. A belt is just uncomfortable for me so the snubby in the pocket holster works well.

Thanks for the nice pix.
Bob from Idaho
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

After carrying (and using) my beloved .45acp in RVN in 65-66, I've been carrying one ever since. The pistol has changed, but not the caliber. Proven in combat and 'social situations' the world over, it is now in the guise of a Kimber Pro Carry .45acp in a Galco Jackass rig. As far as reliability goes, I won't carry any pistol until it digests 200 rounds of carry ammo without a hitch. The Kimber qualifies.

Using either WW 185gr Silver Tips, or Federal 230gr Hydra-Shocks, I feel warm and fuzzy in all situations. In the summer for lite carry, my minimum is a Seecamp LWS .32acp or a Chief's Special 3" with .38+P's aboard. I refuse to be food for predators.

Remember what Admiral Yamamoto told the Emperor in '42: "We can't invade the US mainland, as there will be a rifle behind every blade of grass"..... Good advice.
Last edited by Rick in Oregon on Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Earl Three Beavers
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527

Post by Earl Three Beavers »

Nice weapons and leathers, gents! Rick, I too am a big fan of 45 ACP and John Moses Browning in particular. I alternate between a Springfield Compact V-10 (Officer's) Super Tuned in a Mitch Rosen IWB and a Kahr P45 in a Rosen belt scabbard.

A Seecamp .32 ACP is always with me in a Kramer IWB or a Hedley Merlin, and may be my only carry gun in summer. If I should need it a 32 on me beats a 45 in the safe every time. ;)
Lord, help me to be the man my dog thinks I am.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Earl3B: That just shows great minds think alike! :lol:

I'm with you on the "better with you than in the safe" thing too. That little Seecamp LWS 32acp goes places a .45 could never go. Mine is tucked into a Galco Pocket Holster, and is unnoticeable in a pair of BDU shorts or relaxed fit jeans. Best to have it and not need it, than really need it and not have it.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails