Longest revolver shot?

Talk about or share information about Ruger handguns.
tclover
.204 Ruger Guns: contender

Re: Longest revolver shot?

Post by tclover »

I love my 44 SRH with 9 1/2" barrel
bushy scope 3x30 .
with h-110 and 240 jacketed flat nose, 100yrds is a piece of cake..

my T/C with 16.5" 35x444 300 yrds is no problem :)
Rick65Cat
.204 Ruger Guns: M77 MkII Target

Post by Rick65Cat »

Here's the result of catching one of Skippy's pals doing a recon thing on us from 62 yards out on his elevated mound with my Ruger MK-I w/red dot aboard. Much too close for the 204, but just about perfect for the trusty rimfire!
What are you talking about?...Too close???
I had a spotter with binocs finding gophers in the field at 175+ yrds distaces whilst I stood at the ready with my Ruger .204 *Target*....While looking through my scope my buddy says, "Rick!!! off the back of the truck...40 feet away...." Lo and behold, theres Skippy standing there on his hind legs giving me the finger. A reajustment on the table rest I was using in the truck bed and I was lined up. Looking through the scope showed me only a vague outlline but I put the crosshairs in the center and let 'er fly. End result was the tail and hind legs at location "A" and the head, shoulders and front legs at location "B" about 8 feet away and a red smear on the ground in between. :eew:
T'was great fun...laughed til I almost peed myself. Skippy however, did NOT see the humor in it.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Rick: Yep, I've been there, done that many times just for the "graphic effect" and the resulting laughter. Skippy flying in pieces up to 20' in the air IS something to be experienced for sure. But I'd much rather use my 204 and like calibers for those rats waaaay out there. This is the exact reason we always have rimfire pistols at the ready, for that little fur-ball on his mound inside the 50 yard mark, standing and flipping you off.....very satisfying to send a 40gr HP from one of my pistols right up his snout! :eek:

But the mental picture of Skippy launching from a 40 yard hit from a small caliber centerfire just has to be experience.......a couple of times! :lol:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails