Kimber Grand Raptor

Talk about or share information about Ruger handguns.
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Re: Kimber Grand Raptor

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Skipper: I'm using Kimber stainless 8-round mags in my Kimber Tactical and my 4" "Commander" (Pro CDP II), and their stainless 7-round mags in my Kimber Ultra Carry. To date, never a jam, stovepipe, or any failure to feed or eject in all three pistols. Comparing them to other brands reveals the superior quality of the Kimber mags.

This is not to say anything negative about the Wilson mags, as I've not used them in all my years of 1911 .45 usage, but have two friends who do, and the same comments made above seem to apply to the Wilson's.

It appears both brands are top of the line, and you could not go wrong with either brand. I know both of them have witness holes, but I think the Wilson mags have the holes numbered as to round count.
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

I got the holster I ordered from El Paso Saddlery this week. I am really impressed with the craftsmanship that goes into these holsters. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a quality rig. This is the Austin holster, 2 1/2" Texas belt and Covered Clip Pouch 2C. I had them put 24 loops on the back fitted for 45 ACP and do the Basket Weave Stamping all over.

Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em
Hawkeye Joe

Post by Hawkeye Joe »

That's one nice piece of rawhide Skipper. :!:
Hawkeye Joe (Mike)
Savage model 10 Predator, 3-9 Nikon Omega
07 LRPV, 35X45 Leupold Competition

Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Post by Ray P »

:eek: skipper All I can saw is whooo. Boy is that a sweet looking combination.
Rick always has good suggestions. Keep it by your side at all times.
Since it a "Kimber"...........Rick might need another..haha
Thanks for sharing. Great pics and good luck with it.
Later
Ray P
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

Great looking gunleather there, Skipper! I'm glad you're happy with it, and it sure is a fitting repository for your Kimber Raptor II. El Paso Saddlery has never let me down with their excellent quality and design.

High quality pistols deserve high quality gunleather. Quality always comes at a price too, but El Paso is reasonably priced considering the quality they offer.

Ray's comment above reminds me; speaking of price, we were over at a friend's for dinner last evening, another "enlightened fellow" I know (gun-nut), and his wife said that I'm expensive to hang out with..... he had just purchased his 5th 1911 .45ACP, this one being a Kimber TLE that we were cleaning in his shop. My wife then turned to me and said "this is why some of our friends wives don't like their husbands to hang with you"...... "you're too helpful spending their money for them". Who me? :shock:

Anyway bud, congratulations on such a nice rig. That is one great looking combination that you can be proud of, and will give you excellent service for your entire lifetime. :D
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Post by Ray P »

:lol: Rick all add to $$$ spent. When my gunsmith/friend got me hooked into long range shooting! My optics went from tasco's to 30mm Leupolds and as type this I have lost count of the # I have! $$$ well spent!
Later
Ray P
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

Look at that little Kimber all snuggled up in that new leather. Almost brings a tear to the eye doesn't it?? :wink:

That's a very nice setup you got there Skip!! You made some fine choices!! :mrgreen:
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Post by skipper »

Thanks, guys. It sure beats Uncle Mike's all to h&!! and back, doesn't it?

I was wearing it around the house, last night. (OK, I know. But the kids and wife weren't home) The dogs started barking and made a dash for the front door. As I walked through the dark house to see what was up, I glanced down to see two tritium dots glowing at me. A smile grew across my face. :D

The cops shot a suspect right here at the back of my subdivision a couple of weeks ago. The kids saw the aftermath as their school bus drove by the scene. It makes ya' think.
Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em