Holster for MKIII Target with Ultradot

Talk about or share information about Ruger handguns.
TD-Max

Holster for MKIII Target with Ultradot

Post by TD-Max »

I never take the darn thing anywhere because it's wel big and clumsy and I don't want to knock it around. I'd like to find some sort of holster that I can use to carry, and for storage.
Sako VLSS Set Trigger in .204 with Leupold VXIII 4.5-14x50 LR
Sako VLSS Set Trigger in 22-250 with Swaro Z5 5-25x52 BRX and turret
Sako Stainless Synth in .260 with Swaro Z5 3.5-18x44 BRX
Ruger MKIII 678GC with Ultradot Matchdot
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Re: Holster for MKIII Target with Ultradot

Post by Captqc »

TD, I have a Mark III Hunter with a red-dot mounted on it and I made a holster work by cutting a slot and edging it. If I can find a pic I'll post it. Gary
Rick in Oregon
.204 Ruger Guns: Sako 75V, Cooper MTV, Kimber 84M, Cust M700 11 Twist

Post by Rick in Oregon »

TD-M: Captqc being the resourceful, inventive type, surprised me on one rat safari with the rig he modified below for my Ruger MK-I 5.5" Bull Barrel Target with the Leupold/Gilmore LG-1 Red dot sight mounted. He's got one for his MK-III Hunter, and they work most excellent.

It's still a Fruit of the Loom holster, but completely servicable, practical rig, and about the only alternative I've seen for field carry with a red dot setup.

Your pistol probably has a bit longer barrel, but the appropriate Uncle Mike's rig should work just the same.

Plenty of clearence for the sight, draws and goes back in the holster no problemo.

Simple solution, highly effective.

Captqc is a great guy to have along on a rat rodeo, you just never know what he's going to come up with next. Now if he could just quit snoring at night...... :lol:
Semper Fortis
Rick in Oregon
NRA Life/OHA/VHA/VVA

Oregon, East of the Cascades - Where Common Sense Still Prevails

Captqc

Post by Captqc »

TD, there's your pics thanks to Rick.

Rick, I'll deal with you in a couple of weeks! :eek: :lol: Gary (the snorer :hammer: )
TD-Max

Post by TD-Max »

Captqc wrote:TD, there's your pics thanks to Rick.

Rick, I'll deal with you in a couple of weeks! :eek: :lol: Gary (the snorer :hammer: )

Man I tell ya I had a guy bunk with me last year who snored nonstop and LOUD! After the first night he switched rooms to bunk with a guy who claimed that he could sleep through anything. He was mistaken, although he did say that earplugs helped.

Not sure where we'll put him this year...

Thanks for the help guys.
Sako VLSS Set Trigger in .204 with Leupold VXIII 4.5-14x50 LR
Sako VLSS Set Trigger in 22-250 with Swaro Z5 5-25x52 BRX and turret
Sako Stainless Synth in .260 with Swaro Z5 3.5-18x44 BRX
Ruger MKIII 678GC with Ultradot Matchdot
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

Medical fix to snoring/sleep apnea: CPAP/BiPAP machine :!: :!: :!: :!:

Trust me, they WORK! I have apnea pretty bad, I had to get my own, separate motel room on our PD trips because of the snoring problem. My doctor advised me to get a sleep test done at the hospital (requires an overnight stay) and I have since been set up with a CPAP machine, it forces air thru your airways and keeps your epiglottis? from flapping and it makes a HUGE difference in your quality of rest and sleep, not to mention your friends, when on a trip. It's costly (from my point of view and funding) but it's made a huge difference in my sleep quality and the amount of actual rest I get at night. Everyone gets more rest :mrgreen: . It isn't cheap, by any means, but my insurance is covering some of the cost, and the better sleep sure helps my attitude and work habits. The mask you have to wear at night takes some getting used to, but proper fitting helps there.
Look into it, Gary, it might save your life.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!
Captqc

Post by Captqc »

Thanks for the concern Glenn, but I've been tested and my problem is a deviated spetum. :sleepy: The doc says all they have to do to cure me is break my nose! :eek: I said let my friends suffer instead of me!!!! :lol: My wife says I'm selfish, I say the only way I'm getting my nose broken is in a fight :horse: Gary