Cougar Defense Weapon Acquired by Silverfox--Thanks Mentors!

Talk about or share information about Ruger handguns.
Silverfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12VLP purchased in June 2004 + 2 other custom .204s

Re: Cougar Defense Weapon Acquired by Silverfox--Thanks Mentors!

Post by Silverfox »

Squatting Wolf--That is a fine looking revolver. I sure like those flames on the cylinder!!! NEAT!!!! Your cylinder holds 7 cartridges and mine holds only 6. If I don't get the cougar away from me/dead in 6 shots, I don't think a 7th shot would be any more help. What length is the barrel? Looks to be somewhere around 2" or a bit more.
Catch ya L8R--Silverfox
Squatting Wolf
.204 Ruger Guns: '07 Savage 12 LRPV

Post by Squatting Wolf »

I would agree, if you haven't stopped the cougar by 6 shots it might be a little late! Mine is a 686 plus model with a 2 1/2" barrel. I haven't had it very long and unfortunately I haven't had a lot of time to shoot it but after a couple hundred rounds it's near the top of the list as my favorites to shoot! Even with the short barrel recoil is manageable. I also recently picked up a holster for it (Galco speed master high ride belt holster). I was going to have one made from El Paso Saddlery but was in a crunch to get one before my trip to Nebraska so I opted with the Galco and was impressed. I'll have to get some pictures taken and posted.
It's more important where ya hit 'em, than what ya hit 'em with.
'07 Savage 12 LRPV .204 w/ Leupold VX-II 6-18 LRV reticle
Hotshot
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage and ar-15

Post by Hotshot »

Silverfox,

That would be 5 shots for the enemy and you always save the last one for yourself so they don't take you alive.