I need a pistol!!!

Talk about or share information about Ruger handguns.
K_Hini

I need a pistol!!!

Post by K_Hini »

I have been searching around for a pistol and have narrowed it down to either the XD or the taurus 24-7 pro. It will be a 9. I am just going to be using it for fun and HD. I only get out to shoot a couple times a year. Is the XD worth the extra $150 or not?? If I would use it a lot I would sure say it would be but since I only get out a couple times a year I am a little hessitant on spending 500 on a pistol!!

Any help or experience with either one would be appreciated!!

Thanks
kyle
dannybracy
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12LRPV w/ VX-L Leupold 6.5-20x56 VHR, Savage 12FV.204

Re: I need a pistol!!!

Post by dannybracy »

I would pick which one you like the most. Awhile back I got a new 40S&W compact carry pistol and I looked at the XD's and really liked them, except for I thought the XD frame was a bit slippery. I chose a Smith and Wesson M&P b/c it fit my hand better. S&W are running a special still(I think)- they give you a $50 rebate and give you 2 extra clips. I got mine off Gunbroker.com for $400 shipped, so I have about $350 in mine with 4 mags! And those extra mags come in handy at the range, shooting with friends, or having a spare with me when I carry. Just thought I would let you know about the S&W rebate. -dan
***Danny Bracy***

'07 Savage 12LRPV .204 w/ VX-L Leupold 6.5-20x56 VHR
'07 Superior Arms AR15 20" Bull Varmint .223
K_Hini

Post by K_Hini »

I heard about the 50 dollar rebate but where does someone get the form to send in?? I was looking at the M&P as well but is around 550 around here I think and I didn't want to spend over 500. I was looking at the 4.25" barrell. I am going ot check it out.

If I were to buy it I need to have it shipped to a registered FFL person about how much in shipping and stuff can I figure into the deal??

thanks
kyle
dannybracy
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12LRPV w/ VX-L Leupold 6.5-20x56 VHR, Savage 12FV.204

Post by dannybracy »

Kyle, There is a card that comes with the gun and all you do is drop it in the mail. I think I recieved my $50 check within 2 weeks or so along with the 2 mags. Most sellers on Gunbroker charge $10-15 shipping to your FFL. You can do a local FFL search on the internet or I am sure any gun dealership will transfer it to you for around a $20-25 fee. I know my FFL guy charges me $20 sometimes......so you can expect to pay around $40 on top of the final sale and then it is in your hands!!! :)

Here is one I quick found.....

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =105001588 it

has the 4 1/4" barrel......no reserve and is going for $350....brand new....and is only $12 shipping to your FFL. Hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any more questions. -Dan
***Danny Bracy***

'07 Savage 12LRPV .204 w/ VX-L Leupold 6.5-20x56 VHR
'07 Superior Arms AR15 20" Bull Varmint .223