Trip to the gun shop

Talk about or share information about Ruger handguns.
Squatting Wolf
.204 Ruger Guns: '07 Savage 12 LRPV

Trip to the gun shop

Post by Squatting Wolf »

Well over the holiday weekend I decided to stop in the gunshop while back visting family. The new wife found (and likes very much) a new Springfield Armory Loaded Champion 1911.

Anybody shot one before? I've got a buddy with a Trophy Match Long slide that I've shot (6" slide) before and that's about the only 1911 style handgun that I've shot.

This one is set up with a 4" barrel, Cocobolo grips, Fixed Combat Trijicon Night Sights, Lightweight Speed Trigger, and Delta Lightweight Hammer. I can pick it up for 700 big ones out the door. I'm real tempted... :wtg:
It's more important where ya hit 'em, than what ya hit 'em with.
'07 Savage 12 LRPV .204 w/ Leupold VX-II 6-18 LRV reticle
Captqc
.204 Ruger Guns: Cooper Phoenix .204

Re: Trip to the gun shop

Post by Captqc »

I'm a Kimber man myself but that gun sounds like it would be just fine at that price. I have a friend who loves Springfields and hates Kimbers. I've owned both and I'm just the opposite. I didn't like the sharp edges that my Springfield had on parts like the safety levers etc. I think it's a Ford vs Chevy kind of thing. The REAL problem is that you stated that your wife likes it so if that's the case it doesn't matter what you think you won't get to play with it anyway! :eek: Gary
Squatting Wolf
.204 Ruger Guns: '07 Savage 12 LRPV

Re: Trip to the gun shop

Post by Squatting Wolf »

You are probably right about me not getting a chance to play with it since Sara likes it so much! I've got a buddy with a Springfield and he loves it. I was looking at picking up a Kimber Custom CDP II at some point in the future but we found this little Springfield at the local shop. :chin: Maybe his and her 1911's are in my future!
It's more important where ya hit 'em, than what ya hit 'em with.
'07 Savage 12 LRPV .204 w/ Leupold VX-II 6-18 LRV reticle