Blind squirrel - picked up an WALNUT!

Ask questions or share information about Ruger rimfire guns such as the Ruger 10/22.
acloco
.204 Ruger Guns: 12FV, 12BVSS -S

Blind squirrel - picked up an WALNUT!

Post by acloco »

At the local gun club meeting last Thursday night. One of the members (FFL/Dealer) brought a few rifles to sell. I was probably the twentieth person to pick it up and inquire about it...I picked up a stainless Ruger 10/22 with a Green Mountain heavy stainless barrel and Green Mountain synthetic stock. Had a 2-7 Simmons and some cheap rings on it. He pulled them off......$225 cash. Already shot it...and is VERY accurate at 100 yards. Not sure why nobody else bought it...but I think they missed a DEAL.
Sidewinderwa
.204 Ruger Guns: Savages

Re: Blind squirrel - picked up an WALNUT!

Post by Sidewinderwa »

Sounds like you got a deal! Enjoy the walnut :w00t: :w00t:
Please, no Sidewinder today!
Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Post by Ray P »

Congrads on a nice find. I have 2 77/22 one a 22LR with a green mt .920 barrel and a switch barrel 17HMR/ 22 Mag w/ .920 green mt barrels and both shoot great. I glade I spend the $$ when I did!!
Later
Ray P
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
acloco

Post by acloco »

RayP, you have another that is on my shortlist! 77/22 is a definite rifle in my future. Just have to find one at the right price/condition. I am not against buying new, but not paying $100 extra either.

Actually, been VERY lucky this year. Picked up a stainless, Ruger, Hunter single six and this 10/22. Single six has been on my "list" for close to 20 years. Every used single six was priced the same as or close to new price....and I wanted an older single six. By absolute luck, found the Hunter on another website at a very good price.
Ray P
.204 Ruger Guns: 2-Rem 700 and Ruger#1 S/S

Post by Ray P »

acloc good luck with green mtn barrel here is a link to a pic of mine. When ruger 1st came out with the all weather 77/22. I saw a picture of one in Field and Stream magazine. I had to have one!!
http://www.204ruger.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4784

Enjoy
Later
Ray P
Life is an adventure and often to short. Make the most with family and friends. Shoot often and shoot a small hole. Love the 204 Ruger!! NRA Life Member
"We are never to old to learn"
acloco

Post by acloco »

RayP - OH MY!!! Very nice indeed.

Your metal/stock combination or a blue/walnut would be my pick.

At the annual gunshow this weekend, I saw only ONE 77/22...used...priced at $550.

My quest continues............ :)